Do not buy the classic controller, instead...

atgrammer

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2007
You should not buy the classic controller and this is why. The classic controller will only allow you to play virtual console games, however it will not allow you to play Game Cube games. Instead you should drop $20 at Gamestop and buy their wireless Game Cube controller that was made by Pellican. It works great, it is wireless and it will allow you to play not only Game Cube games but also virtual console games too.

I think i'll get myself 1 classic controller at some point just to have it. It looks blocky and uncomfortable but the gc controller lets your hands "grip" around it. I think i'll get some used wavebirds from a friend or something if he doesnt want them anymore.

that's not true...the Classic control can be used for playing Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenikaichi 2 and will also make use of other games coming in the future...sorry to dissapoint

Yeah that's right..SSBB will be awesome; it will make use of the GameCube Controlle, the Classic Controller and also the Wii Remote, believe it or not

I have a couple GC controllers but I will buy a CC depending on the moves in brawl and how they optimize the moves layout, for the CC or GC

i bought 2 anyways i mean it was just 29$ or wtvr it was so it doesnt bother me none. i still have one of them perfectly sealed (my bf and i have only opened the one since MOST of the VC games we downloaded are for one player except SF)

i trust pelican since like ive said before, i had them for my ps2 (the wireless ones) so looks like this weekend i might have to snag a few if their that cheap! plus i got some stuff to trade in so maybe ill use it for credit (AND I GOT MY STUPID GAMESTOP CARD THAT I GOT GUILTED ON BY A SAD AND LONLY MANAGER LMAO! long story but hilarious one indeed! :lol: )

wii<33333 said:
oooh didnt no that! have 2 pay more just 2 play brawl...=[
Most likely, you will get to use your gamecube controllers and/or the vc controllers.

Well from what I read in Nintendo power, the gamecube controller can play most vc games. All nes,snes and n64 but only some sega and turbo games. So I dont really see the need for one of the classic controllers.

Buy the classic controler, its true that you can sue GC for N64 and super nintendo games, but not the rest. Plus it gives nintendo money and support!

nintendo & Wii for life!

Back