Do Not Use Controller Gloves

Themadnun

WiiChat Member
Nov 7, 2006
Don't use controller gloves... I've just destroyed my remote by accident, because the controller gloves have less grip than the remote itself, the bloody strap broke aswell... Just a friendly warning to everyone. :thumbsup:

haha, maybe youre just sweaty and need to invest in some talc. Ive been using the gloves since launch and I have not slipped since, I played without one when I changed batteries once and was slippin a bit. So dont let other people worry about a problem that only concerns you...

Or what you could do is let the grips sit in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. It wont melt it just seperates the outer oily layer in the rubber so it will be more grippy. I use to bmx and did this with my grips all the time and it would grip so much better. But i have not yet had to do such a thing for my gloves...

Last edited:
I don't see how people let go of their Wiimotes, :/

Just hold on to the damn thing tighter! It's not like you're going to crush it under your own grip or something, XD

Or even change the glove while on a bed or whatnot. Many of these people deserve a big dunce cap.

I haven't had any problems with the gloves either - it's a small pain to get them off to change batteries, but I'm getting used to it.

Much better grip than default Wiimote.

i agree....have used gloves on our since xmas day and they havent slipped once....buy decent ones (mine are nintendo and are thicker than some others). Bearing in mind my 5 yr old uses them it is a potential recipe for disaster...she hasnt dropped it once !!

hmm, i was thinking of buying one because my hands sweat easily, so is this a good buy or no? obtw, I got my wii yesterday!!! w00t :)

I haven't had a problem with them yet either, but then i have just got my WII and still fighting to get control of the main tv in the living room. Wife loves them too.

the problem wasn't me swinging too hard, i did a normal bowl but the controller slipped. Obviously if i was swinging like a maniac then i'd have held on tighter but it didn't seem neccecary to hold on for dear life, the strap seperated and the remote flew off and bounced off a drwawer handle, if it'd hit anywhere apart from the IR ar the front then it wouldn't even have dented because there wasnt much force behind it. as it stands though, the IR has few cracks and is indented. I'm not an idiot, it's not like i pitched the damn thing or anything.

how much force does it take to brake a strap? and where are straps breaking? with the way you loop it through the slot, if you pull on the strap, it tightens that loop, is that where the stress point is? my 4 year old had it slip out his hand while bowling, but low and behold it was hanging on his wrist. i know he is only 4, but he's got a hell of a toss.

Are local Game shop only has pink ones left :-(. I have a red one and the Wife has a Pink one. but i wanted to change to a blue one. Does anyone know if the third party ones are any good?

dvdronn said:
how much force does it take to brake a strap? and where are straps breaking? with the way you loop it through the slot, if you pull on the strap, it tightens that loop, is that where the stress point is? my 4 year old had it slip out his hand while bowling, but low and behold it was hanging on his wrist. i know he is only 4, but he's got a hell of a toss.

It didnt take much for mine... but it didnt seperate where you loop it through, it just popped out whre it connects to the actual strap... This a first?

Last edited:
I haven't broken any yet. And my replacements aren't here yet either though. I'm using a glove on one wii remote and it seems to have better gripping and causes my hand not to sweat as much during an intense tennis or bowling session.

Back