do tv's make a big impact on the graphics?

its not really JUST the TV....its the cables too. without the right cables the picture can look shotty. a while ago when i worked at radioshack, we heavily pushed monster cables over our brand (even though people shell out 2Gs for a TV, they still go all cheapo on the cables those retards) since monster gives a much better quality and less static.

the cables make all the difference in the world. with the old fashioned boob tubes (yes i said boob stop being immature) no longer being sold (unless you go to walmart and get em for like less than 100$), you wont have to worry about LCDs or plasma or that silicon based tv screens. they will all look the same on what youre trying to set up (that is unless you want a big "to do" system)

i have a big room ( enough for about 6 people swinging wildly in tennis ) and about a 30-40 inch screen!

to me its perfect....but when i played wii sports round my m8s house, it was aufu because his screen is tiny and so compact....i would say it helps

i have a big room ( enough for about 6 people swinging wildly in tennis ) and about a 30-40 inch screen!

to me its perfect....but when i played wii sports round my m8s house, it was aufu because his screen is tiny and so compact....i would say it helps

sorry about that, seemed to have posted twice...

The_Loose_Cannon said:
its not really JUST the TV....its the cables too. without the right cables the picture can look shotty. a while ago when i worked at radioshack, we heavily pushed monster cables over our brand (even though people shell out 2Gs for a TV, they still go all cheapo on the cables those retards) since monster gives a much better quality and less static.

the cables make all the difference in the world. with the old fashioned boob tubes (yes i said boob stop being immature) no longer being sold (unless you go to walmart and get em for like less than 100$), you wont have to worry about LCDs or plasma or that silicon based tv screens. they will all look the same on what youre trying to set up (that is unless you want a big "to do" system)

so if i got this, it would still look the same? ( i am not sure if i understood u right).. so if i got this and the nintendo componet cables it would look better? i doubt if i got them for my tv now, it wouldnt make a difference because i have an old tv, ( i have to use the remote to put on the tv, the button doesnt even work, so its that old)....

Loose Cannon is right you have to have the right cables to get the good picture and sound. For the TV go to bestbuy and compare the pictures side by side you will see that Sony or Toshbia have the best pic quality

you can tell just by going to your local department store... they have all the t.v's on display and you can see all of them displaying the same image.. from there you can judge how clear it is, just make sure it will support what you want alot of the price of t.v's today is all the imputs and formats the t.v. will support... not just the size..i could pick up a 50 inch flat screen HDTV for 700 bucks but it wont support allot...

if your going by brand sony and toshiba have been known to have the better pictures, but really it boils down to model and size you want.. right nows a good time to pick a t.v. up though prices are falling quick.. just picked up a 52 inch LCD that supports every new format for 900 bucks the other day for the living room... toshiba always liked toshiba best...

when it comes to plasma,lcd,projection,tube it all depends on your personal prefference they all have there good and bad parts...

i just like LCD cause its been around the longest and is tried and tested... took a plasma up to my uncles in the mountains... it popped under the pressure..lol they sent him a new one but he forgot to read the altitude it was set for he didnt know it couldnt handle it... i think the picture on lcd and plasma are pretty close plasma is better for color,lcd is better for clarity... all depends what you want

go spend an hour at bestbuy or wallmarts wall of t.v's and figure it out..lol

my mate as a bigger and newer SDTV than my SDTV. Mine looks much better. so bigger dosnt always been beter.

can u guys reccomend any 20inchs that r good?. price range $100-300(maybe a little more)

while you are all discussing HDTV, one thing that no-one has mentioned is that some VC titles cannot be played over component cables.... this may be a PAL specific problem, or just my SamsungLE23R7 (great screen BTW)..

so if you do upgrade, you may need more/different connectivity than you think....

Back