do u have ur wii horizotal or vertical?

i have mine standing up, when i first got it it was laying on its side.... i dont think it will harm the console or games in any way either way you have it

i have no [plate. i looked in the box, nothing, unless i threw it out but i doubt that. Maybe mine didnt come with it. i got it off ebay and that person got it the day it came out. and then he shipped it to me.

The plate

dummy_service_image_02.jpg

i didn't notice the plate until i had already had my wii set up vertically.....

ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms said:
Why not?

It wont affect the discs.

It works like an in car cd-player
I dunno I just don't like it...

plus there is no room for it to be vertical on my entertainment stand.

Overheating

My wii over heats when I have it standing virticly on the stand i dont think it gets properly venelated my wii over heated 2 an i took it off n restarted it n it was fine so i dotn recomend the stand comment back if u know whats wronge.

Yeah it looks better vertically but disc drives DO NOT like to be vertical. Say what you will and I'm sure nothing has happened YET, but you gotta think longterm. Of course Nintendo will advertise it vertically. It looks "cooler" that way and will appeal to more people, but do you think Nintendo cares if you damage your system? More reason for you to have to buy another one, which means more money in Nintendo's pocket.

sidenote: A friend of mine had it vertically and when playing Red Steel, it would always freeze at the same part. When he put it horizonatally, problem solved. I'm just sayin, if theres a chance that my console will last longer horizontally, thats what I'll do. I don't care about the "trendy" look of the vertical Wii. You all can buy into that all you want.

Last edited:
Back