Do you complete 100% or just beat games?

Mapei

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2007
I personally tend to just play games till I beat them, and I guess I haven't found games with that much replayability. Like I just beat Twilight Princess but I am probably not going to go collect the Poes or bugs (I only caught one bug in the entire game)...yet... i want to though. I did collect all 120 stars in Mario 64 though, so hopefully Galaxy will be good enough to do 100%.

What about you guys?

I don't see how 100%ing every game can be fun. I also just can't see too many people getting 100% on games like Twilight Princess that has tons of side quests without using online help or whatever, which kinda sucks.

The only games I got 100% on (actually, i think the game said 103%, but whatever) are Donkey Kong Country 2 + 3.

usually i just beat games. although galaxy i might go for 120 stars

If I paid full price for a game, I'm god damn getting everything. I'll use Code Breakers (replaced my Game Shark) because I don't have a lot of free time. If the game isn't that good I'll just play to win it. If it's an MMO or some other online game I'll play to socialize and hang out mostly. I don't believe in cheating when you have 1 or more players.

Depending on how enjoyable the game is. If I really enjoy it i'll go for 100%. If not i'll just beat it.

god how much people do i have to tell? theres 121 stars in galaxy! but the only games i try to get %100 is metroid, mario, zelda, but i normally quit or get bored around %90-%95 although i still manage to get %100 which impresses my mates. :lol:

I just beat the game, because my life is oh so busy, and completing games usually involves collecting something which I don't get the slightest big of enjoyment from. Now, if you get something for 100% then great... And another thing, if your game actually tells you where you are in percentage, you'd just want that 100.

I tend to decide pretty quickly wether ill see a game through or not . If I dont enjoy a game in the first like 45mins then its doomed for ebay or a trade in , but games I enjoy I can complete them and easily start a new game straight after .
Like RE4 , I must have played 3 times through without evven looking at another game .

Edit: oh I just read the thread title properly , yeah 100% is good to get but sometimes its j8st not that fun

Last edited:
Depends
If a game is too long or difficult, I usually just beat it then pick at it.
I'll use Sonic for an example.
Sonic Rush was a bit difficult IMO so I just beat it, then only played it just to play it. Sonic Rush Adventure was fun and easy, so i'll 100% that.

hmmm.....i beat it first....then i try to get 100%

i even try to get 100% on RE4 in accuracy.....but end up getting around the 90s

getting a 100% makes me feel like i completed something without doing anything wrong

Back