do you download games you already own?

Hairy_Mike

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
5181-5093-6007-8440
i was just wondering if many of you out there download VC games that you may already own on their respective consoles? if so, why? if not, why not?

well i don't because i can plug in my sega and play the game. plus it saves money
how about u. do u download games u own?

chikupi said:
well i don't because i can plug in my sega and play the game. plus it saves money
how about u. do u download games u own?

i did download 4 games that i own already so i used like $26. which isn't really that much but was it worth it? Super Mario Bros., Punchout!!, Sonic the hedgehog and gunstar heroes? i think these are great games. so do u think i wasted my money?

Hairy_Mike said:
i did download 4 games that i own already so i used like $26. which isn't really that much but was it worth it? Super Mario Bros., Punchout!!, Sonic the hedgehog and gunstar heroes? i think these are great games. so do u think i wasted my money?
I don't consider it a "waste", because even if you own it for another/original console you are paying to be able to play it on your Wii. Some people prefer the original feel, while others like the the array of controller options, portability, and convenience. Buying it again simply shows the publisher that at least one person out there (you) still appreciates the work, which helps keep that title alive.

KrisKhaos said:
Buying it again simply shows the publisher that at least one person out there (you) still appreciates the work, which helps keep that title alive.
What you just said, Your simply just smart
I'm speachless.
Repped.

Yes, I do download VC games, even if I own the original titles. It makes everything much easier to access and saves me a lot of time in the process because all of the retro games are in one place.

I have downloaded N64 games I already own, because I don't want all of the consoles running all over the living room. I think that is probably the main reason why the Wii is the best ever.

I just wish they'd come out with VC games faster!:ciappa:

how can you download vc games and how do you then put them on to your wii. anyone that can help me that would be great.
thank.

wii trisha said:
how can you download vc games and how do you then put them on to your wii. anyone that can help me that would be great.
thank.

there is a channel on your wii called the shop channel. Provided that your wii is connected to the internet via a broadband connection you can access the shop and buy wii points to exchange for games. Once purchased the games appear on your Wii as new channels.

i download games i already own hard copies of...

WHY? because its easier with the wii...i found it to be a pain in the butt to have to constantly clean the carts(blowing in them)...plus i can remember even once you got the game working some times it would suddenly freeze with a garbled screen.

My only problem is Wii's limited memory so it makes it hard to keep a full collection at my finger tips.

I definitely download games I already own.. I've downloaded games I haven't even played recently, just to have them on my Wii.

My parents gave away my Nintendo after I got my SNES. Then they gave away my SNES when I started high school. I haven't owned a console since I bought my Wii, and it means a lot to have these classics back.

naisatoh said:
My parents gave away my Nintendo after I got my SNES. Then they gave away my SNES when I started high school. I haven't owned a console since I bought my Wii, and it means a lot to have these classics back.

wow, they must want you to be a good student then. maybe i should start studying more. :lol:

Hairy_Mike said:
yes you wasted your money
esp. with sonic
everyone and their grandma has purchased sonic the hedgehog one way or another.

Back