Do you guys think the 'theme' of the Twilight fits in Zelda?

BlightedArt

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv
Sep 18, 2006
New Zealand.
Before you flame me, think about it. The theme of the Twili in Z:TP (possible spoilers, but not really) is very techno'ish yes? The music for the bad guys is techno'ish, the sound from the enemies themselves from the Twilight are distorted like tech sounds, and the warping scheme is very pixelly and neon-like, ergo tech-like (look at the portals you can utalise and the way things are transported through them).

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad theme, infact they excecuted it extremely well! But for me it seems a little random and quite far out from the Zelda spectrum... Which yes, is the feeling they were trying to get from the twilight realm, but even so it seems the Twili could've been shown in a more traditional and less digital manner, you know?

Again I'm not really complaining, or am atleast not trying to, because I like the theme in itself, but I just feel a bit off-the-mark when it's related to Hyrule, because the atmosphere when you're inside the twilight realm is very washy (blurry) and basically in a daze, a soft sort of daze as if the whole thing was a dream or flashback (also the colours are very mild, in contrast to the neon green/purple streaks of the portals and monsters), also the digitalesque twilight reminded me a lot of Tron. o_O Good movie though!

So yeah, what are your thoughts on this matter? Do you love the way the Twilights digital-esque aspect is included? Do you hate it? Do you not really care (I don't, it just sort of crept into my head a couple times)? Or even better, do you have a method of your own that you wish to share, to get the overall mood of the Twilight across?

All of these answers would really help me out in a project I'm doing for myself, I'm new at directing and stuff so, yeah! Any help and opinions are appreciated. :)

Aside from the overkill on the bloom effects i love the twilight, and being a wolf is my favorite part of the game :p, although i do wish the wolf got stronger as link got new swords because by the end of the game the wolf was pretty weak :(

Well all i have to say with playing this Zelda game is that I loved every min. of it...it had a great story line and it did add a new take on the saving the princess thing.

Link should have got with midna ;)

Now the real question is before or after she turned back to normal ;)

Back