Do You Know How Many Wii Games Suck?

jimbo said:
i didnt know wii sports and wii fit weren't on the wii :lol:

ohh and we all no that wii sucks a$$, but nice to see it in a graph..

can someone put that into a pie chart, i like pie charts :smilewinkgrin:
what the f**k do u mean i have that has a wii game

minto said:
Those graphs are deceptive because they zoom in; they essentially make the Wii review average the baseline. Zoom it out to start at zero and everyone will say 'so what? there's no big difference.' Throw in the fact that the author is basically ignoring the standard of deviation, and you have a bunch of really deceptive graphs. The author does make interesting points, but trying to justify it and fool people with these graphs is kind of low.

IMO the big problem with Wii games right now is that developers are throwing in motion controls even when it doesn't make sense. They feel like they have to because its the selling point of the Wii. They haven't yet realized that simply shaking a Wiimote is not a game. A lot of them are simply cashing in; they know the Wii is 'in' right now and are trying to sell things to uninformed consumers. This usually happens later in a console's life, when it has established a larger user base, but the Wii seems to have struck a chord.

Thats a very valid point theres only 8 or so % range in the whole thing, this is is complete bulls***

hoogasian5 said:
should i name more ps3 and 360 games
crackdown
Assassin's Creed
devils may cry
grand theft auto
lost planent
lost odyseey
gears of war i can keep going

Everyone seems to forget wii has been out a year less than the 360, also u want some more good wii games?

Metroid,
LOZ,
Resi evil 4 & umbrella,
Battle Revolution,
Excite Truck,
Mario and Sonic,
WarioWare, (short but hilarious)

RedProdigy said:
I don't think the whole story is being told:

1)Conspiracy has been pumping out shovelware after shovelware. If we took the 10+ crappy games they have published, the Wii's average would be higher...perhaps significantly. These games are gettings 1/10s from IGN.

2)Review scores can be all over the place. 1-up gave Trauma Center New Blood a friggin 5/10 because "it was too hard". But Bozon from IGN laughed at them for sucking miserably and gave the game over an 8. Gamespot gave Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn a 6/10 and wrote one of the worse reviews I've seen in years.

3)The PS3 has the benefit of getting 360 ports of AAA games thus its average review score is high. If you only look at the exclusives, the reality isn't so rosy. The Wii pretty much HAS to rely on exclusives to boost review scores as it can't get 360 ports and the majority of PS2 ports are half-assed. You could probably count on one (maybe 2) hand the number of multiplatform games on the Wii that are actually of great quality.
I totally agree. The barrage of shovelware really does put the Wii's average down a lot.

Theres also a lot of variation in Wii scores (Trauma Center New Blood being the best example) and reviewers still dont seem totally sure what makes a good Wii game. If a game is too easy they mark it down and when a game is a bit harder they mark it down. Games like Wii Sports are also underated imo.

Still it dosent bother me because every single game that i have bought is easily over 7/10 in both my estimations and IGNs.

The wii has the highest range out of the three consoles right now (lowest rated game to highest rated game out of the three consoles) but there are more mediocre games out than AAA titles that bring the wii's game average way down.

hoogasian5 said:
that graph is bullsh*t theres really good games for ps3 and xbox360 that arent even on wii
unreal tourmment 3
halo 3
Restiance Fall of Man
Bio Shock
Etc
and wii has its games
super mario galexry
super paper mario
ssbb
mario party 8
wii sports
wii fit
wii play
etc etc
no one cna take your life serious when you include wii play, wii sports, and mario party 8 in your list of "good" wii games.

when making a list of games that are good for any console, you should only include the high rated ones...

How about an intelligent argument?

The Wii has 33% more games than the PS3 according to the site. Therefor, the graph shown in this thread would be skewed against the Wii because it has more games (good and bad) to change it's average ranking of all games.

The other graph on the site: "If we attempt to level the playing field and only look at the top 10% of all games on each system, the picture evens out a bit for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but the Wii is still significantly behind:"

I don't know how they could say "significantly" when the Wii is at 85% and the PS3 and XBox is at what looks to be 87 or 88%. 2% difference. Also, it still skews the Wii's results because by taking 10% of a larger number, still provides a larger number.

In the end, these graphs are taking ratings from reviews by one game review site. Reviews in themselves are subjective and are mostly pointless when you want to compare games. Each game would have to be reviewed under the same criteria based on the genre it was in, not how the individual reviewer felt about the game. If you have a reviewer that only likes FPS, they wouldn't review a puzzle game as high.

Conclusion : The graphs are invalid and of no real statistical importance

LoganSix said:
How about an intelligent argument?

The Wii has 33% more games than the PS3 according to the site.

I don't think that make a big difference. Its cheaper to make games for the Wii so all these little unheard of studios make crappy cheap games for it.

Examples: Chicken Shoot, Balls of Fury, Rig Racer 2, London Taxi Rush Hour, etc, etc, etc.

Back