Do You Like The Interactivness In Zelda

xXxWiixXx

Wii Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Wii Online Code
4910-3433-7867-8297
Well, do you?
I do. It's a great game and it releasing on the Wii made it a whole lot better. I have played it for the cube and it's fun. But witht he Wii, it feels like a whole new game. What is your opinion on the interactiveness?

i have only just got through the forest temple, havent ben playing much zelda, but so far i realy enjoy it. it makes me feel more involved in the game, also gives me a greater since of accomplishment when i kill something. however it may wear off and become a novelty the more i play but i doubt it. so far i love it.

Ive found it a little boring so far. The wii controls just feel tacked on, I wasnt expecting full motion capture, but surely it could of been better than just waggling the remote around till the enemy is dead.

In all fairness to that gamespot reviewer he was probably right, it is a good game but could of been better.

The game itself is great gc or wii. but yea theres no real control over your sword direction - but better then nothing.

i think that the swordplay is alright....it could be better. everything else is cool.

PtonJalken said:
The game itself is great gc or wii. but yea theres no real control over your sword direction - but better then nothing.

I just find it annoying, there is this excellent oppurtunity for deeper control and they missed it. The whole point to the remote is its meant to make things more immersive but for me it works the opposite way in Zelda.

only annoying part i find is the Secret skills, namely the Shield attack as i stated. sometimes it can pick it up as a spin.

as for the swords, i wish that you could slash and stab on your own, where your every slightest movement would register on screen.

wiifreak9292 said:
as for the swords, i wish that you could slash and stab on your own, where your every slightest movement would register on screen.

Thats pretty much what Im getting at. I didnt imagine 1:1 recognition but a horizontal slash with the remote meaning a horizontal slash on screen, vertical to vertical, thrust meant thrust, and jab down would mean to do the finish move, would of been much better.

They could of made it down to your very action, true. I just think everyone anticipated the game so much and Nintendo thought the game was good enough so they released it.

im sure something like that (excluding redsteel) will be made in future. Zelda: TP was designed for GC but was delayed so they stretched it into a Wii game too. Im sure if they started it just for Wii it would of been different.

I wish there was a way to turn off the motion sensor in this game. Sometimes I just dont feel like waving my hands around. I think thats why I havent played it as much as I would like. Aiming the slingshot and boomerang gets really annoying too. Other than that the game is solid.

Lethal said:
Aiming the slingshot and boomerang gets really annoying too.

i find the aimin quite fun and useful actually. i hate aiming with d-pad/control stick. main reason i got the wii. lol

Big_Mill said:
Ive found it a little boring so far. The wii controls just feel tacked on, I wasnt expecting full motion capture, but surely it could of been better than just waggling the remote around till the enemy is dead.

WORD. The Wii controls WERE tacked on. They designed that game for the Game Cube. I read in a an article in Nintendo Power that interviewed that Japanese guy who designs the Zelda games... and he even said that they made that game for the cube then basically ported it to the Wii, prettied up the graphics, tacked the controls on and threw in a couple motion sensor controls to make it seem Wiilike and there you go. Or there Wii go, i should say.
It is a very good game, but you can tell it was designed to be played on the Cube.

Back