Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Joe

Banned
Oct 23, 2006
Parker CO
Wii Online Code
5856-5939-3035-0479
Alright Gamespot is really starting to piss me off, they gave Zelda a 8.8!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I am going over there and kick some ass!!!
Now I go over to IGN and they give it a solid 9.5!

I HATE gamespot and think it deserves to be shut down! The guys on it are ASS@#$^& and just dont know how to rate games!
IGN on the other hand, they actually have humor, more videos and info, and really seem to match my opinion when it comes to games!

So simple question do you prefer IGN.com or the repulsive Gamespot.com!

Last edited:
I like both, but I am an all access member on Gamespot. I love Gamespot's coverage and unlike you, I think they guys there are pretty good. IGN is cool, personally, I don't like the site layout. But it usually works out good, if Gamespot doesn't have review of a certain game yet, IGn will usually have it and vice versa.

The Zelda reveiw has just caused me to hate Gamespot now
I mean come on 8.8!!!! thats some serious BULLSH*^!!!

C'mon Joe, be fair --- thats why Gamespot is nice is because they review games with more consistency and have less inflated review scores.

The Zelda Review may have been a little low... and so maybe too Red Steel... but if you really want the big picture, just look at the average Press scores. You can see that even though GameSpot gave the new Zelda a mere 8.8 - Twilight Princess has just pulled into 2nd place on the BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME list on GameRankings:

Game Rankings - Rankings - Video Game Reviews, Release Dates, Cheat Codes

The site colors ( predominately white ) of IGN are more appealing, but at the same time like ABC said, the Gamespot design is nicer. IGN feels so crowded with crap, Gamespot is nice and slim.

Last edited:
ABC said:
I like both, but I am an all access member on Gamespot. I love Gamespot's coverage and unlike you, I think they guys there are pretty good. IGN is cool, personally, I don't like the site layout. But it usually works out good, if Gamespot doesn't have review of a certain game yet, IGn will usually have it and vice versa.
Gamespot is much more strict on reviews, and ***** about tiny things. But I usually agree more with IGN's reviews. But I agree about the layout. I think GS is much easier and just better. IMO. They both have weakness and strengths. I do like GS coverage as you said. I watched the live stuff on the Wii. I enjoyed the launch party thing.

Joe said:
The Zelda reveiw has just caused me to hate Gamespot now
I mean come on 8.8!!!! thats some serious BULLSH*^!!!

What? They are right though. I mean, a synthesized soundtrack... a game with the caliber of Zelda deserves nothing less than a full blow Orchestra. Don't get me wrong, Zelda is amazing, but alot of the components feel dated. This isn't the N64, this is the next-generation Wii.

I've used Gamespot for years. I don't really use IGN that much, I don't really like the layout. The Gamespot site is just better looking and better layed out than IGN imo

i normally look at both... i don't prefer one overy the other, and if you get pissed at gamestops reviews, just add about 0.5 to get the IGN score, or vice-verca

The Gamespot site has a better layout but I still like IGN

Back