Do you think 3rd party companies would back out?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
A lot of companies are making games for the wii. As we have seen some are good others are bad. Do you think some companies would back out if the game or games they made arent doing well? Ea for example. if ss blur is great, then they are 2 for 2 madden is great also. Then they have tiger woods. If ss isnt good, do u think companies would slack off on other games because there other game didnt do well?? if that happend and companies ditched the wii or didnt put effort into other games, would they ditch the wii?:frown2:

i know its a new generation and controls, but i hope companies take there time on the games, look at reviews,what other companies did wrong so they dont do that mistake.

if they wernt going to put effort into their games they would probly just go ahead and not even make them in the first place. why would they choose to lose money.

All 3 companies have standards that must be attained before a game can launch. Nintendo has the highest standards with the smallest amount for royalties. You aren't as likely to make instant cash with Nintendo. But you are more likely to make long term cash with them.

It's a fact that most 3rd party developers are not like Square when it comes to high quality standards (most times). So these companies will go for instant cash, and the bulk of the consumer market which is the 360 and Wii. These companies make money by flooding popular markets like NFL, WWE, DBZ. I think we will see more cross platform games for the next 2 years.

Wii is already a big success, companies do not have the option of ignoring it (if they want to make money at all). I'm just afraid that the 3rd parties will be doing purely licencing jobs (have you seen the # of games for wii that are crap like spongebob, open season, ant bully, ice age, grim advntures, etc. honestly its ridiculous) instead of the quality, hardcore gory first person shooters I know we all love (admit you want Unreal Tournament on wii).

I however do think that these 3rd parties are unbelievably lazy. Wii is about as powerful as Xbox. And let's admit it, the Wii's games look like the Gamecube's games, not like Halo, Project Gotham, or DOA3. But that's a whole other topic...

paintba||er said:
How is the Wii already a big success?

How isn't the Wii already a big success? I havn't bought a system at launch since Super Nintendo... then I played Super Mario World and sold the system for $80.

I've had the Wii since January 9th and I'm still loving it. It's impossible to just walk in a store and find a Wii in my area and the system has been out for months. I can tell you right now it's not because Nintendo isn't supplying these systems as fast as they can.

3rd party game makers want a piece of the Wii. They want to make games everyone loves. They will spend plenty of time and money doing just this. Ofcourse you'll see terrible games released for the quick buck, but some games will be made for the long haul... Ultimate Alliance did alright for a 3rd party game... did it not? Trust me... you'll see more games like this in the future and they will be fun.

EB Games is completely OUT of Wii stuff and as soon as it comes in its GONE. Like seriously. NO controllers. NO systems. NO classic controllers. NO freaking Wii Points card! I mean seriously its amazing how much this system is in demand. The games are flying off the shelves as well at the local EB here too. However I hate EB Games since there games are always unwrapped. It just looks tacky to me. From now on I'm sticking with Walmart/Best Buy/Target.

Hmm, I don't think 3rd party company's will back out... It's the game industry, their here STRICTLY for the money, 9/10 of them wont ever even work on a game they don't think'll make money. Of course theres always the exception for the developers who just love bring games to the market, they enjoy making em, and they enjoy bring you quality.

Anyway Naw, Even if they **** up hard.. I think they'll just sit back a while, strategize, and bring something "kick-ass" to us in order to capture our attention and get back in our graceful stand points.

I don't know if you guys know this or not... but some game companies make crap games for the quick and easy buck by just using a big name... Remember ET for the Atari 2600? That game was just plain retarded... but it sold enough for them to make their money on it... then they buried the rest in Nevada to never be played again.

I dont think the 3rd party companies will back out. If some of their games dont work out thats fine. They will have to try and make a better game next time.

MasterJedi2U said:
EB Games is completely OUT of Wii stuff and as soon as it comes in its GONE. Like seriously. NO controllers. NO systems. NO classic controllers. NO freaking Wii Points card! I mean seriously its amazing how much this system is in demand. The games are flying off the shelves as well at the local EB here too. However I hate EB Games since there games are always unwrapped. It just looks tacky to me. From now on I'm sticking with Walmart/Best Buy/Target.

The reason they are unwrapped is because your buying what someone else has returned most of the time. I never shop at EB games anymore and yes i did use to work for them.

Back