Do you think Smash Bros. Brawl will be as good as the one for gamecube?

TransAm317

Born to Be Wild
Feb 26, 2008
On an Island
Do you think the game play of the Wii verion of Brawl will be as good as the one for the Gamecube?

I am worried that the gameplay may be to complicated or not that great. Remember the snowboard game for the wii? It was so hard to try and do tricks and the playstation2 versions were so much better.

I hope the game Play is awesome.:cool: :aureola:

I can say it'll be better (I played on GC before) if not on the same level. They kept the core of the game the same, I mean it's basically a fighting game. Don't worry the game was made adressing the down sides on GC version, like more option on the special melee mode.

to Douten: they didn't keep the core of the game at all. brawl is on a completely different engine than melee was.

to Transam: they kept the same concepts and principles. i played melee... and still do at a high..ish level lol they took melee and mixed it with 64. kept and added to the responsiveness of melee and brought back the floaty aspect from 64 that everyone prefered. they fixed some glitches from melee and tweaked the game, utilizing recovery moves and air dodges to the greatest potential while reverting back to the simplicity that we all loved from 64. most advanced techniques are easier to do ex: smash DI. (if you dont know what that is tell me and i'll explain it)

so yes it will be much better. and thank you for being someone who finally focuses on the heart of the game, its gameplay. rather than to characters, final smashes or stages.a

spiff-ssbb said:
to Douten: they didn't keep the core of the game at all. brawl is on a completely different engine than melee was.
I see, so they rebuilt the game engine from the ground up? I just imagine they fix it here and there. Does that mean things like wave dash is still possible?

it't won't be neraly as good as melee, it will be 20 times better.

You do know that if you use the gamecube controller, the gameplay will probably be the same, right? Anyways, of course it's gonna be better. More characters, better storyline....well, Melee really didn't have a storyline, better graphics (of course), stagebuilder, and online.

TransAm317 said:
Do you think the game play of the Wii verion of Brawl will be as good as the one for the Gamecube?

I am worried that the gameplay may be to complicated or not that great. Remember the snowboard game for the wii? It was so hard to try and do tricks and the playstation2 versions were so much better.

I hope the game Play is awesome.:cool: :aureola:
Haha...I remember the first time I played the game with you...that was pretty funny...you've gotten better since then :wink:

I think that when I say this, it is in a lot of other mouths. There is no way it could be worse.

Three words my friend.
Sub space Emissary.
( Or is it only two? Subspace Emissary? Oh well. You get the idea. )

Back