Do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixty

Kryptonightingale
Jan 27, 2009
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
This is flooding the abortion thread sooo... regardless of religious beliefs and whatnot, I just find this interesting. I don't want this to become a discussion about same sex marriage.

Do you personally want to get married? I don't know of anyone who doesn't want to get married at some point in their lives, that is, unless they have some doubt in their relationship. I just have a lot of respect for people who are married when I see a ring, and that means a lot to me. True, you don't have to be married to show that you are committed, but the cynic in me would like them to. I really don't know a reason against it! (Other than the religious things, which this will probably turn into).

I am Christian, so yeah. It's one of the sacraments, but it's not like I'm forced into marriage because of it. Just like to get the opinions of atheists, etc. Some people think it's meaningless and I don't understand why.

If you're planning on it, what age do you think you will and what age do you think it should be? Obviously now marrying young is looked down upon, and I can see why, but, hey, rights or something.

This'll probably flop seeing as this place is full of men. There must be some women around. Admit it. You'd like to be married some time.

I don't plan on getting married.

Seems pointless to me. If two people are meant to be together I don't think they need a contract to tell them to. They'll just end up always being with each other.

Of course I want to get married, it just has to be the right time. Most likely that will be after all my schooling is done and I actually work somewhere that pays :lol:

Funny thing is when you live with a girl for awhile, you almost always assume your already married and you never propose.

My friend who is seventeen proposed to his girlfriend, good for him I guess. I know I wouldn't want to make that commitment now. One of my other friends is the same age and has a kid already with no signs of getting married.

First off I'm a guy. For the longest time, I could not see myself in marriage, or having kids. I had a Girlfriend for over 7 years, but couldn't see myself spending the rest of my life with her, or starting a family, which ultimately ended the relationship. Then, at age 25, I met the woman who in 7 months would become my wife. Things changed for me overnight. I found the right person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We now have been married for 17 years, and have two kids (10 and 5) which I can't imagine life without. You can say you will never get married, but I honestly believe there is someone out there for each of us, the challenge is finding them, and being patient enough to let the others go until you do.

At some point I will want to get married again, but definitely not yet.

Yes, I honestly can not wait to get married. Share my life with the one i love and experience all the good and bad together. Im big on family and cant wait to start my own.
I'm 26 right now and by 28 either id love to get married or be married already. I dont frown upon younger people getting married, although in this day and age its wiser to establish yourself before committing to another.

I want to get married, but we'll leave that one alone for now.

I have a lottttt of friends who don't want to get married, and I totally get where they come from. The importance this ceremony holds is pretty ridiculous, especially for a non-religious person such as myself. I just want to do it because it's a nice thing to do.

Sixty, I don't think that the respect you hold for married couples is rightly founded when there are Hollywood marriages that last a few months or less, and long-term relationships without marriage which are a hell of a lot more meaningful and heartfelt which aren't in wedlock.

The importance this ceremony holds is pretty ridiculous, especially for a non-religious person such as myself.

Doesnt have to be religious, there are other ways to get married. Granted non are as flamboyant as the traditional way. But use your imagination and im sure you can come up with one better or just as sufficient.
Anyone know a days can go online have take a course to wed you. So that can rule out the priest. Dont like a church? Do it anywhere you want, cuz now u dont have to rely on the Priest.
But to me, I'll do anything my girlfriend wants on that day. Thats her day, yes its a day that we both share, but that is the day all girls dream about and plan for years.

Marriage means no sex with one person

No marriage sex with loads of random people

Option two allthe way

I'd like to get married eventually, but that's a ways off from now, I'm only 16. Once I'm done with all my education (highschool and college), it'll be more in the forefront of my mind.

i'm married to school. lol.

i'll be married. prolly when i'm 21-ish.
my boyfriend moved late last summer.. naturally don't expect it to last.

i'll have a few relationships over the next 4+ yrs.

Doesnt have to be religious, there are other ways to get married. Granted non are as flamboyant as the traditional way. But use your imagination and im sure you can come up with one better or just as sufficient.
Anyone know a days can go online have take a course to wed you. So that can rule out the priest. Dont like a church? Do it anywhere you want, cuz now u dont have to rely on the Priest.
But to me, I'll do anything my girlfriend wants on that day. Thats her day, yes its a day that we both share, but that is the day all girls dream about and plan for years.

Oh, I know, I said that I'd do it because it'd be a nice thing to do. I just mean it doesn't hold the baggage it does for religious people, what with abstinence and that. You don't gain anything through being married, really. It's just a nice thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back