Docks Sniping

Anyone has some good sniping tips when going against a run n gun type style player?

(Yes I plan to use this trick on someone...) For payback and old times xD

lay one RTM on a tactically well places spot, keep the other one for attacking purposes.
If a run&gun comes at you, detonate the tactically dropped RTM.
Not dead, if you had the time change to secondary, if not try and hipfire kill him whilst dancing around him.
If possible duck for cover to the closest spot, and drop that second rtm on him.

Indeed. CCP is beast.

No it isn't. Wiimote is the way to go. If you can get used to the controls, it is a definite advantage over CCP - faster turning, more accurate hip-fire, better vertical aiming...

Anyone has some good sniping tips when going against a run n gun type style player?

Mines are helpful, but I'm always expecting those when I come up on a camping-sniper. No surprise there. Honestly, the best thing you can do is to get good at hip-firing your sniper rifle. Yes yes, I know..."easier said than done." But few things are more effective than being able to hip-fire / quick scope a sniper rifle at close range. Let's be honest - by the time you pull out your secondary on a GOOD player, you will be dead. Most GOOD players are just that good nowadays. I know, personally, it pisses me off when I get the jump on a sniper only to see him whip around at the last second and 1-shot me before I can get 4 or 5 bullets into him.

Hip firing a snipe-gun is a deadly, but tough skill in GE for most players to learn. Best way to develop your skills with this is to play run n' gun on archives with a laser toros (or similar gun). You'll get used to where the reticule goes as you turn. Aiming center-mass is always your best bet. I've also found that increasing the size of your "dead zone" in your settings makes it a bit easier to hip fire a sniper rifle as well, as this provides more screen space to turn your gun without turning your view. Some players argue against equipping "snap shot" on your sniper, but I find that I get more accurate shots when hip firing snipers when I do use it. My go-to loadout when I am looking to mess around with hip fire sniping (which is rare in and of itself) is the following:
Toros, kunara, ext mag, LF, SS, Laser.

Hope this helps!

Camping is annoying, snipers are normally the worst type of campings. I yell out so much when I get camped-killed on Maps like Out Post, Docks and Jungle. As soon as i find the campers I don't stop killing them, I like to make the scum bags rage XD

Last edited:
Eveyone hates being shot behind corners, through walls, from the back or one-shot killed by a camper, I'm just like everyone else :p

Some sniper rifles are a lot beter to hipfire with than others as well.
The pavlov is like a lost cause. The Talon and the Toros are somewhat the same for me, and the gambit...
And whilst i mostly use the Talon, i believe the Wa2000 gave me the best hipfire results.
At least i think it did. (guess you noticed i don't snipe all that much)
@Gambit: i don't play with the gambit so i wouldn't know. That gun was the biggest letdown in my whole GE experience.
I was expecting something so freaking cool @55 and i got that.I was genuinely not happy.

Last edited:
Show off :p xD. But anyways I figured out best way since right now I just have the pav as my rifle. Now anyone care to see if I can out shoot a run and gun player? Also thanks for the tips but on archives im just gonna stick with my gun AK-47 lol.

P.S Tampa the CCP has and advantage too. When your settings are right and know your bottons it can useful then what you think. That's how I've been playing b4 my wii crash to now.

Back