Doctor Who

TimeTravel

WiiChat Member
Apr 1, 2010
I'm working with BBC America, and was just wondering if anyone on the board was a Doctor Who fan? The series returns on April 17th and 9/8c with the new Doc, Matt Smith. Anyone plan on watching?

Last edited:
It returns sooner to the UK

I shall be away at a gaming event for the first episode, but thats where the wonders of the BBC iPlayer comes in

Definitely jealous of those across the pond that will be getting to see Matt Smith first. For those that are in the States like myself, that are really excited for April 17th, there is a great 9 minute preview iTunes.

Yes, Lazy_Jack. That was a very good series! Particularly the third one. But on the topic of Doctor Who, I can't say I've enjoyed the new series all that much so far. With the previous two Doctors I would insist I would not miss seeing a new episode each week. But after the rocky start with the new writer I haven't felt compelled or drawn in enough to continue watching it. I'll probably wind up with the boxset on DVD when it comes out and scan through them all then. Maybe it'll pick up or improve later on in the series, but right now I'm rather disapointed with how it's turned out. I think they've tried to change too much too soon.

With the first episode, it was a new sonic screwdriver, assistant, TARDIS, background characters and a completely different feel. There was hardly anything left to relate to the former series', it felt like a whole different show, not Doctor Who. And worse yet it felt more like it was directed for the younger audiences rather than the entire family as with the previous series. When Doctor #9 transformed we had the same assitant, tools, TARDIS and other background characters that helped introduce the new Doctor. With Matt Smith it's like.. bleh, as I said: an entirely different show, not a continuation. However, that's just my opinion. I'm aware many people like the new Doctor Who, particularly because it's a little more upbeat.

Back