Does a tv really affect your graphics?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
Does a tv affect how it looks a lot from the graphics? I Know a plasma is better but i have a old tv in my room. WOuld it make a big impact on the graphics??

Nah it doesn't, I used to have a reeeally old TV in my dining room (where I keep my console) and it didn't change the graphics at all, only difference was I had to buy different wires so it was possible to plug it in :)

The wii works on all tv's as far as i know. One thing that will make a bit of a differance i believe is the cables used. And a HDTV will give you a better picture than a normal tv. i dont think it makes a differance if the tv is plasma/lcd.

If you don't have an HDTV I don't think you can really understand unless you actually go out to your electonics store and actually look at one. The difference in my opinion is PHENOMINAL! However, the Wii is not full blown HD, it is what I believe is called ED. You might not see a difference with the wii, but you WILL see a difference with a 360 or HD programming.

it doesn't actually affect the graphics at all, what changes is the picture. With better TV's, the colors are brighter and the blacks are blacker, but it won't get any more detailed or realistic.

Newer tvs have better contrast ratios and have lower MS. They are the main things which affect to picture. Also i dont know, but does pi stand for pixels per inch? Cause if it did then that would also be a contributing factor.

I took this to a test with my 55 inch LCD HD and my regular 32 inch. The old 32 inch looks a lot better :mad2: but now I am mad because i like playing with a big t.v but the look is horrible.:(

Last edited:
Back