Does anybody have Super Swing Golf?

the_peripheral

X, I'll own u N ELEBITS!
Nov 11, 2006
Wii Online Code
2256-8779-8853-1823
I guess it came out today or yesterday? I went to Best Buy to see if they had it or Elebits today but they didn't have either on the shelves.

If anybody has this, how is it?

No but I'd like to see the super swing golf, I still can't really figure out what elbits is about...

Wizrdspike said:
No but I'd like to see the super swing golf, I still can't really figure out what elbits is about...

To put it simply, you shoot creatures with a lazer beam. I can't make it any more low-level than that. There are quite a few threads having to do with Elebits around here, if you're interested in it, check them out. They have a lot of information.

I'm curious to see how Super Swing Golf is as well. As far as golfing games go though, I like Mario Golf :)

WiiLink said:
I'm curious to see how Super Swing Golf is as well. As far as golfing games go though, I like Mario Golf :)
I beleive thats what super swing sorta kinda was aiming for, it kinda has that mario golf look and gameplay to it, just without the mario crew...

and I thought mario golf was for 64, or did they make a 2nd for GCN?

They made 2 Mario Golfs.

And I'm really just kinda in shock at the fact that the game is already being sent out but there are no real reviews for it other than a Gamebrink review that I can't trust.

I've seen Elebits on the shelves everywhere (toys r us, walmart, eb games, futureshop) but no super swing golf yet... and that's what i'm excited about!!

Wii sports golf is great and all but I am already anxious for a full game, not just the teaser.

EB games told me today that they expected Super Swing today, or tomorrow at the latest. US stores should already have according to him.

I just picked up Super Swing @ Zellers!!! EB Games (yet again) did not receive there shipment. The people you expect to have games promptly on release dates aren't living up to the standards you'd expect anymore.

Ah well, I got it so I'm happy... good luck to all who are in search of...

Can someone give their own review?

I want to rent this game before I buy it but it seems like nobody has it in.

I'm just about to give it a try, and I'll report back my first impressions.

Ok, I went throught the tutorial, and played an 18 hole tournament (to which I won :thumbsup: ) but here's my first impression.

The swing controls are a little bit different than wii sports golf. First off, when you take a swing in wii sports golf you hold down A, then take your full swing. In SSG you take a back swing, then basically you have to hold your position to hit A, then follow through. At first I thought it was a bit weird (and not as 'realistic' as wii sports) but you do get to fine tune the power in your backswing before following through. The follow through is important, as it has to be brisk and high in order to get your best shot. Putting, well putting is a bit unrealistic. The swing is somewhat jittery and unresponsive at first, but you do get used to the movements. I guess if you compared the putting stroke to real life golf, it's nothing close, but this is a video game.

After getting used to the controls (about 10 minutes of practice) it was starting to get fun. There are some cool features. The overhead camera view takes advantage of the wiimote with zoom controls that are managed by moving closer and further from the TV. Also, on the putting green, the use of dots on the putting grid to determine the slopes is unique and rather neat.

Of course, as I play more and unlock all the fun stuff the game could get to be even more fun, but at this point I've enjoyed my first 18 holes. I know some of the courses are very fantasy-like and far from realistic, but I've played enough Tiger Woods that this could be a welcome change.

Last edited:
Back