Does anyone buy games,play them, then return them?

CantGetAWii said:
I keep what I buy.
I did it with the Gamecube, doing the same with the Wii.

I have a simple method, buy the games you know are going to be good, read reviews about some just to make sure.
Rent ones you have never heard of before.

Easy, saves good money.
I agree. I have returned some games in the past because they were not what I expected, in terms of gameplay. But other than that, I keep all of my games, even if I finish them within a week.

Byuakuya said:
I agree. I have returned some games in the past because they were not what I expected, in terms of gameplay. But other than that, I keep all of my games, even if I finish them within a week.

See, really you should keep them. After all you are paying for a certain product. If you dont like the gameplay then its not the shops fault you bought it. Imo the only reason games should be returned for full price is if they are fualty. If you wanna trade them in after playing(for a lower price) thats a different story though

I'm returning madden 08 for medal of honor heroes. I've read the reviews, seen the gameplay, and been a madden fan for years. Its just that I hate when theres no people to play online, + lag, + crappy motion controls which I might add that reviews had it as a 8.0/10
anyways, with this trade i'll end up paying $25 instead of 50 but then again i wasted $50 all together. So technically, i'll pay $75/100 for 2 games. worth the save, yes, especially when you know your not gonna play the first one.

brendo said:
See, really you should keep them. After all you are paying for a certain product. If you dont like the gameplay then its not the shops fault you bought it. Imo the only reason games should be returned for full price is if they are fualty. If you wanna trade them in after playing(for a lower price) thats a different story though
I can see where you are coming from, but I cannot continue to play a game which does not interest me. Besides, I usually return a certain game to get another game which is equal to the same price.

Byuakuya said:
I can see where you are coming from, but I cannot continue to play a game which does not interest me. Besides, I usually return a certain game to get another game which is equal to the same price.

I understand that, but put simply it costs the store money. Also how do we know they dont just shrink wrap it again and sell it as an 'as new' product?

ericlewis91 said:
how do you return open games? my ebgames wont let you return a game once its open
At my local eb's you can return games for full money back(store credit) as long as its done within 10 days

EDIT: its 7 days sorry, heres the bit from the site (ebgames australia)

Product Return Policy
What is the "7-Day" returns policy?

Here at EB Games, we offer a fantastic 7-day product return policy for goods purchased from our stores. If you are unhappy with a product you may return it to any EB Games store for a full refund of the purchase price within 7 days of purchase. All that we ask is that you retain your original sales reciept as proof of purchase and return the goods in a sellable condition with all original packaging intact.

Unfortunately, we can't allow return of online PC games and online time cards.

Last edited:
its a good way to rent games for free! ive doen it with gamecube games before.. (for my wii) but i wouldnt do it for wii games, i want mycollection to grow, same with ds. (although i did buy brothers in arms, beat it in a day, and returned it)

:lol:
SensesFail said:
its a good way to rent games for free! ive doen it with gamecube games before.. (for my wii) but i wouldnt do it for wii games, i want mycollection to grow, same with ds. (although i did buy brothers in arms, beat it in a day, and returned it)

You sir, are the tool of the devil:yikes: haha kidding

You can return games you purchased as USED within 7 days for any reason under the sun. New games that have been opened can be traded in for store credit. Knock off 20% the trade in value and you have the cash back value.

Lol so what happens if I buy a game used, thinking that it's supposed to be amazing because that's what the salesperson said, and end up hating it and returning it. How much store credit/cash back would I get? XD I wanna know because I bought Mario Super Strikers and I wasn't overly impressed... to be honest, I hate the game XD No offense t people who like it... I was just expecting more.

i did it with the game boogie, i just couldnt bear to play it any more

Places accept the game if it is opened? I knew they did but you can only exchange for the same product. If you could open a game, play it and then return it whenever you want, why wouldn't everyone do that?

Back