Does anyone hear a rattling noise in their wii-mote?

Joe

Banned
Oct 23, 2006
Parker CO
Wii Online Code
5856-5939-3035-0479
Does anyone hear a rattling noise in their wii-mote? I hear a small rattling noise...is this normal!?

I am positive!
My friend bought a wii-mote brand new about a week after launch in the US and it made the same sound!

actually I took off the strap???

Crap! Well my wii-mote works fine...but I am worried for its life!!!

Joe said:

its quite possible something came loose, i mean sure they are built to be shaken up and around and everything but things do happen. I'm waiting to see pics of one taken apart, if anybody gets around to doing that.

Joe said:

If it gets any worse, like it don't work correctly anymore, I would imagine its considered a defect and Nintendo will replace it.

mackiain said:
its quite possible something came loose, i mean sure they are built to be shaken up and around and everything but things do happen. I'm waiting to see pics of one taken apart, if anybody gets around to doing that.

IGN did that a while ago they dissected the whole thing, its rather ingenious if you ask me.

i'm wondering about the life of these too. they hopefully were built to last but obv they havent done much testing since its new so were the test dummies so to speak.

kinda like how they didnt expect the straps to break, and that took less then a week!

So what should i do.... take it apart and find the problem or nothing?
By the way this is just a slight rattling sound....you actually have to put your ear up to the wii-mote....although for me sometimes you dont!

Yeah remember when the Wii-mote flew into the wall at the speed of light and the Wii mote still worked but the strap was broken.

Either return it to your retailer and see if they can replace it. If they can't replace it without replacing the entire system (thus making you wait for a new one) call Nintendo's customer support to see what they can do. Worst case scenario is you'll have to buy a new one if you can't wait for it to be shipped back to you.

Back