Does Bwii have Capture the flag online?

diaoman

WiiChat Member
Oct 8, 2007
According to the wikipedia entry for Bwii, it says that Capture the Flag will be in it. Is this really true? People who actually own Bwii please answer this....

diaoman said:
According to the wikipedia entry for Bwii, it says that Capture the Flag will be in it. Is this really true? People who actually own Bwii please answer this....

BWii comes out tomorrow.

i don't think it'll have that since it's only a two player game.....even as well wi-fi

diaoman said:
http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/8XFWnsj7XpjyUNwYalvIl94WFjv-iNop.pdf

there's the manual for the game. page 8 refers to assault mode and mentions objectives. as such, there is probably some kind of capture the flag or capture the base. should be awesome.

would be more awesome if there was a headset for co-op.

it's only a 1-1 wifi game? what about big team battles like in halo 3?

Even if it only is 1v1, it would still be your army vs. someone else's. So more like 20v20. But I think I read it can get up to 1v1v1 or maybe 2v2.

oh we control the whole army? thats awesome! sorry if i sound like a noob because i pretty much am to bwii since i haven't played the first

krisv2010 said:
it's only a 1-1 wifi game? what about big team battles like in halo 3?

It's not the same kind of game. Battalion Wars is sort of a real-time strategy game with some shooter elements.

Okay, let's clarify:

there is a co-op mode, two users per side or four sides with one user.

you control entire armies, which are made up of infantry, flametrhowers, bazooka troops, air force, naval units, etc.

so, its not only 4 players, its 4 users which have armies.

FWELR said:
Okay, let's clarify:

there is a co-op mode, two users per side or four sides with one user.

you control entire armies, which are made up of infantry, flametrhowers, bazooka troops, air force, naval units, etc.

so, its not only 4 players, its 4 users which have armies.

You got the game? The part about four sides.....is that only for capture the flag? Cause capture the flag with 4 sides doesn't really make sense....

M4573RM1ND said:
I'd like to see a source that says one-on-one only.

Credible source considering he has in-game footage. Anyways this is what he had to say.

"I received “BW2″ from Nintendo yesterday but wasn’t able to pop it into my Wii until 6:45AM this morning. Three hours in, here are the most negative things I can say:

The game is only for one player per Wii. It has a single-player campaign and multi-player options. But the “BW2″ multiplayer Co-op, Skirmish and Assault missions are only available over Wi-Fi. I couldn’t play them because no one else seems to have the game.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/10/25/exclusive-nintendo-gives-us-battalion-wars-2-first-impressions-of-finished-game/

WOOHOO, didn't waste money on this game. Only wouldve bought it if I absolutely knew there was offline 2-player splitscreen. But noooo :) Trust me when I say that I've looked at the back of the bw2 pre-order box at gamestop and IT SAYS 1 PLAYER ONLY while a nintendo website listed it as 2 players. Wrong Nintendo. tisk tisk tisk

Last edited:
Back