Does God exist?

- lmao! well, i still and always will believe in my Christianity. There's no way you can prove anything pretty much, even if you back it up with any facts. For those who say that God is the problem that there is wars going on and etc. etc., why must you blame him? Every good christian knows that God does not cause grief, it's the people that do it. America, good ol' America, was founded, and who did? People who were strong believers of Christianity. Back then, there was prayer in school, etc. etc. and we were blessed with God's grace. Now, America is deciding to be liberal, and take away prayer from school, the 'pledge of the alligiance to the flag' and even the 'In God We Trust' on the nations dollar! Doing this, now God's blessing is going away from us, and making life hard. :frown2:

Lol, back when everyone was conservative and religious, "God's grace" was a superficial knowledge of science and very poor healthcare. Also, a complete intolerance to any non-Christian lifestyles. War still existed. Disease existed in a BIG way. And people putting all their faith in God didn't help things. Sorry, but "God's grace" doesn't sound worth it to me.

I was seriously thinking about this the other day, though... and I came to the conclusion that if God existed, God can't be all-loving. There are people born with horribly crippling genetic diseases and deformations, people who could possibly have followed a good, Christian lifestyle, people who could have believed in and fought for the "grace of God", who never get a chance due to the fact that their malformations have squandered any hope they had of reaching their potential. That is not "the people" causing grief - if God exists, he is to be held accountable for the cruel, unfair way in which these people were born.

So therefore I don't believe in there being a perfect, all-loving God. So if God exists, he is an imperfect god. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the Christian god. And God in general, basically. So I think it's just a lot more logical and far easier to fathom that God doesn't exist - **** happens, but it not at the fault of anyone particularly.

Just as a side note, a liberal lifestyle means that I'm free to be who I am. My life is far better off without your so-called "grace".

Boz the Epic said:
evolution is something that gets me, and today, i do not see monkeys slowly coming into little men.

And this is what pisses me off about a lot of the naysayers of evolution. They have no idea what they're talking about.

I would like to contribute on this subject.

I have FAITH in God. I have Faith in Jesus Christ. Not just belief but faith and belief.

Here is what I believe.
1. I love God. He loves me and the rest of us.
2. He made everything.
3. There is such a thing as evolution. I admit that. Just look at the AIDS virus. Why is it so hard to kill? Because it keeps evolving to combat our medicines. But it is still the AIDS virus. Correct? However, it will never cease to be that. It will never get to be a new species of virus. There is no species jump up the ladder of survival. God made everything as it should be.
4. Here is when the devil comes in. Does he not believe there is God? For he was once one of his heavenly host. When he rebelled and was thrown down he still believed but just doesn’t have faith. For those of you who say you believe, let me ask you, do you have faith? This is what connects you to God.
5. God forgives.

Why do I believe?

I was born and raised Catholic. I am no longer Catholic. I would call it non-denominational. Ever since I was little I’ve believed in God. It was about 5th grade I began to read the King James Bible. I had always put my Faith in God and so I’d always known He was there. It’s just this feeling I can’t describe. I was reading the Bible through because I wanted to truly understand what I believed and why? I realized later that this was the why. It’s just this feeling that you know to be true. I’ve always had but just never realized it. I put my Faith in God also because I cannot completely understand Him. If I knew what my God would do on every occasion and the why, He would not be God. It’s truly amazing to me. So the things I cannot understand, I put my Faith in.

Why does God let the bad stuff happen in this world?

He doesn’t. There is a constant struggle between Good and Evil within each of us that believe. It’s just who we listen to depending on the situation. For those who don’t believe: God is not in you but with you. Since you don’t believe he will not be there, inside you, to fight for you. So only the Devil would be there. But why would he bother you now that he’s won? He would just leave you up to your own choices and thoughts to do whatever you wish. But as soon as you ask God to be there inside you, HE's fighting for the good. But some of you would say "Nothings changed. I still have the conflicts in my head over what I think is good and right." Right and wrong. Now the Devil has come up to win you back over to him. So there you are right. But you are wrong because God is there fighting for you. You just have to realize He's there. But here is where the Bible comes in. I read it to understand where to base what I think is right and wrong. So I try to react accordingly. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes God wins the battle in my heart and sometimes the Devil does but God is always in me because I have Faith.

God Loves us.

Yes i do believe in god.I got to church,do all that good stuff.But,as probably said it depends what religion you are.Like my 2nd cousins are jewish so they dont believe in god,and jesus they think he did exist but he was nothing special.The only real proof people have that god exist is how is the whole universe here today.The big bang theory is an ok theory but for me its not very accurate.

Yes i do believe in god.I got to church,do all that good stuff.But,as probably said it depends what religion you are.Like my 2nd cousins are jewish so they dont believe in god,and jesus they think he did exist but he was nothing special.The only real proof people have that god exist is how is the whole universe here today.The big bang theory is an ok theory but for me its not very accurate.

How much do you know about the Big Bang theory?

I know so,so.I learned it last year.But,its just a theory,thats all thats it going to be.

I know so,so.I learned it last year.But,its just a theory,thats all thats it going to be.

Lol, the only difference between a law and a theory is the beliefs of the general populous. I think you'll find that the Big Bang theory is a lot more "accurate" than the Universe being created in seven days. And a FAR better explanation for the Universe than anything else.

How would your belief system explain things like the expansion of the universe (general red-shift of galaxies observed from Earth), cosmic background radiation, and other evidence pointing towards the Big Bang? I'm sorry, but you were wronggg to bring up physics here. Lol wait for Napalm.

Eh,ill go with it being a hypothesis.But yes it is the best one out there.Like today the universe is still expanding,so at one point long time ago they had to be real close..

Take it from someone who spent 4 years studying for an astrophysics degree: the evidence points heavily in favour of a Big Bang occuring roughly 13 billion years ago.

3. There is such a thing as evolution. I admit that. Just look at the AIDS virus. Why is it so hard to kill? Because it keeps evolving to combat our medicines. But it is still the AIDS virus. Correct? However, it will never cease to be that. It will never get to be a new species of virus. There is no species jump up the ladder of survival. God made everything as it should be.]
Actually, HIV itself evolved from SIV, a virus found in some primates in Africa. Ever wonder why no ever had HIV until about the 1980's? Because it didn't evolve until then.

Napalm, I would tell u to investigate about god. find his evidece. you would be surprised how much u would find.
Alright, why don't you show me some evidence? And I mean real evidence, not that untestable "intelligent design" stuff.

it is a human theory though. well, both "are"

So is gravity. So is everything scientific. Because despite how many times science might prove something, there will still be the people (often religious) who'll cry "THAT'S JUST A THEORY!!!!!!"

And this society is too forgiving to combat that. Kinda like how society is too forgiving to be like "no, that's a pile of crap." to a lot of religious beliefs.

Back