Does it cost to Download Wii channels?

Vette1

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2008
I just got a Wii a few days ago and it is awesome but i was just wondering
if it costs to download wii channels? where do i go to download them

Yes it costs money. Cant tell you exactly where its at, because I never go there so I cant remember unless I turn on my Wii and check. But its in the living room so I wont... Besides, someone else is sure to know.

Here:
Turn Wii on -> make sure internet works. -> Wii Shop ->Start Shopping -> Wii Ware. The channels except the internet(5 Wii Points) are free.

The retro video games (in Start Shopping -> Virtual Console) cost from 500 - 1200 Wii Points and 2000 Wii Points Cost $25 Canadian.

Yeah only the internet channel you have to pay for, on a side note they should really make games to be downloaded for 400 points.

Lastking23 said:
Yeah only the internet channel you have to pay for, on a side note they should really make games to be downloaded for 400 points.

you can't really beat getting a game for five dollars, a dollar difference isn't that much. :lol:

The only channel that costs something is the Internet channel like others have mentioned. The rest are free, but an internet connection is needed to download channels in the first place.

All channels are downloaded in the Wii Shop Channel, in the Wii Ware part.
All of this should be in the manual somewhere though that comes with your Wii.

Back