Does the Nintendo WiFi Adapter for DS work on Wii???

nkbswe5

nkbswe5. RLY!
Jun 27, 2006
Not in America
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
So many boards say 'it should' and 'no' so once and for all, does anyone here HAVE the official USB adapter for DS and TRIED it on the Wii?
Thank you and goodnight...2:44pm

Yes, but I dont have wireless internet ;) Thats why I *might*need the USB

I own the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter for the DS, and YES it does work on the Wii. It works just like the DS, in that when the Wii tries to connect for the first time you have to give it permission. Otherwise, I've had no problems with it!

DS is wireless... but you need an internet connection to use it. And if you dont have wirless internet (like me), you need the USB to make it work. I need to know if the USB works with DS and Wii.
Toys R Us just called and ask wether I wanted Need For Speed or Open Season. Exciting! I hope I dont have to tell you what i picked. Oh it says on my siggy anyways :D

Moltar said:
I own the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter for the DS, and YES it does work on the Wii. It works just like the DS, in that when the Wii tries to connect for the first time you have to give it permission. Otherwise, I've had no problems with it!
Ah, thank you for that! You are now my hero *bows down* I dont actually have the adapter yet, but have ordered it.
EB thinks im crazy, I ordered all my Wii stuff there except the wii which im getting from Toys R Us. Thought I might just say that

Yup, got my Wi-Fi adapter today and it works great with the Wii. Just need to figure out how to get my Norton Firewall to stop screwing it up.

I am guessing since you said on the other board it works great you fixed it, but for anyone else, you should just be able to some Program Control and click on Nintendo USB and allow full connection to the net. At least, thats what I have to do...

Hey, I bought the Nintendo Adapter today and it seems to work but when I look at the connection on my computer it is usually never on...like once every hour or 2 it comes on...is this normal? I thought that it was always connected? I'm gonna try uninstalling it and reinstalling it if it should always be connected

Back