Does the Wii disc Light have a lifespan?

Only if you use it as a coster

The light will have a long life span.

Think about it, how long is the light for usually, a few seconds when loading a game or whatever? Even with messages, if you leave it on all night every time it won't run out. Its a pretty strong light.

Yeah I was thinking along those lines too, it's just that i'll get a message say 10pm, but i won't answer it until around 6pm the next day. (Thats when i come back from work)
so thats around, 20 odd hours everyday isn't it? I'm thinking of just switching it off, I'll just regularly check the wii, what you saying?

No it will be fine.
The light was built to last a long time.

I had a message one Friday, then I ended up going to a friends and coming back on the Sunday to then check it. Again the light was fine and so was the Wii.
Its good technology my friend, no worries.

Singhson, it's not a redgular light bulb. it's an LED... maybe more than one.

slim chance it would burn out, plus it would probably just look slightly dimmer if one quit working.

Most LED bulbs will last between 50,000 and 100,000 hours... So if you left it on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week it should last last between 6-12 years of non stop use.

Your not going to leave it on that long I hope, so lets just say when it burns out we will throw a party in memory of your probably 20-30 year old Wii's light bulb that you are no longer playing that much anyways.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it does burn out they do make replacements for it you can even get different colors!

Checks his mega CD

Still workin

Back