Does the Wii have to be put in it's stand ?

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
Hey guy's i'm picking up my Wii this week and i wanted to know if it has to be in the stand , because i prefer to lay my systems flat.
So as long as it doesn't effect anything i'd rather lay it down, besides i heard it's better for the disc to be laid down flat while being scanned that way it prevents being loosened while spinning and scanning.
You guy's have any problems or preferences with standing or laying it flat ?
Let me know.

Laying your Wii up on the ground or on its side will not effect anything. My wii is sitting on the carpet in my room and it's working perfectly.

my wii is leaning against the tv stand.....so it's sorta inbetween, it runs fine, i guess they just advertise it standing up cause it appeals to more people

but maybe that's why my wii sports came out all scratched(now it dosn't work)

I just put it on the stand because the Wii comes with it and when they show you how to set it up they have it on a stand.

I went and searched this topic around the web and found a couple of random websites that talked about how the Wii stand helps the Wii stay cool.

mushroomedmario said:
my wii is leaning against the tv stand.....so it's sorta inbetween, it runs fine, i guess they just advertise it standing up cause it appeals to more people

but maybe that's why my wii sports came out all scratched(now it dosn't work)
my wii sports has some scratches but it still works,:yesnod: :smilewinkgrin:

I put it on the stand cause it got pretty hot while on standby mode when it was lying flat, but it was still running fine, don't know if it was dangerous or not. But now it's barely even gets warm. I didn't use to like having my console vertically either, but now that all controllers are wireless I don't feel a danger anymore. plus the wii was designed to be standing, as the letters and symbols are correct while standing.

Macmutt said:
Hey guy's i'm picking up my Wii this week and i wanted to know if it has to be in the stand , because i prefer to lay my systems flat.
So as long as it doesn't effect anything i'd rather lay it down, besides i heard it's better for the disc to be laid down flat while being scanned that way it prevents being loosened while spinning and scanning.
You guy's have any problems or preferences with standing or laying it flat ?
Let me know.
No it doesn't matter but it looks so much sexier with the stand

Everybody knows that if you dont play wii on it's stand, the horizontally spinning disc opens a wormhole, pulling us into another dimension while simutaneously pulling that dimension into ours. Can you handle that type of responsibility?? Didn't think so.

TortillaChip520 said:
Everybody knows that if you dont play wii on it's stand, the horizontally spinning disc opens a wormhole, pulling us into another dimension while simutaneously pulling that dimension into ours. Can you handle that type of responsibility?? Didn't think so.

you forgot that your spleen will impold

implod - when matter simontanouisly combustn upon itself creating an infainte gap in space and time that not even light can escape, and i am not even joking

Last edited:
The stands are funny, there is the regular stand that the Wii Console rests on and there is also a circular clear stand to support the stand. Both are option, I have to lay my Wii on it's side to play GC or VC games. You can post pictures of your setup here.

It might be hidden in the box somewhere, I was digging through it and found it. It's no big deal if you don't find it anyway.

Back