Does the Wii look good with HDTV's?

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
I just got a Wii and am contemplating getting an HDTV to replace my 20" CRT TV. I'm less interested in improved picture quality as I am larger screen size, as I'd go with a 26" or 32" HDTV.

However, I've heard that in many cases, the picture quality is actually WORSE on HDTV's as it is on SDTV's? True or not true? I have some component cables on the way for my current TV, which I could use with an HDTV as well.

I just got a Wii and am contemplating getting an HDTV to replace my 20" CRT TV. I'm less interested in improved picture quality as I am larger screen size, as I'd go with a 26" or 32" HDTV.

However, I've heard that in many cases, the picture quality is actually WORSE on HDTV's as it is on SDTV's? True or not true? I have some component cables on the way for my current TV, which I could use with an HDTV as well.

Not true. Component cables will help though, especially if you get an HDTV. With the component cable, the Wii can output 480p instead of 480i. Progressive > interlaced. But your old SDTV may not be able to display progressive, so component cable wouldn't help as much there.

Yeah not true wii plays blu ray lol

Why are you even here? You've posted dozens of useless comments all over this site. You're just wasting the time of the moderators who have to clean up your mess. Don't you have anything better to do?

Back