Does the Wiimote work with your LCD HDTV?

dalesd

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2007
I'm on the verge of buying a LCD HDTV to replace my old sd tube tv.

I downloaded the manual for the LCD I'm planning to buy and there's this warning in there:

Note: Interactive video games that involve shooting a “gun” type of joystick at an on-screen target may not work with this TV.
This ""gun" type of joystick" that's described sounds like a Wiimote.

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo would design a system that wouldn't work with LCD TVs, and that this problem would have escaped my attention while shopping for a Wii over the last couple of months. But I want to ask you all here anyway.

Oh, and I did search before posting, but "LCD" is too short to give any search results.

It will work just fine. The wii remote interacts with a sensor bar you put above or below your screen, and not the TV screen itself. The remote is "looking" at the infrared led's in the sensor bar, and not at the screen like "light gun" controllers do.

Rubbish

Your Wiimote will work just fine. Ignore such ignorance. Mine works fine, as does the rest of the worlds.

exactly. i have an LG LCD HDTV and the Wii works great on it, my light gun for duck hunt on NES is another story though. Those are the types of games they're refering to.

kyle

Ok, thanks everybody. This makes me feel better.

branandlee said:
Your Wiimote will work just fine. Ignore such ignorance. Mine works fine, as does the rest of the worlds.

It's not rubbish or ignorance. Light guns do not work on non-CRT televisions. However the Wii remote is not a light gun. However they should clarify that statement cause it could cause confusion since Wii remotes are far far more common than light guns these days and some people may think that Wii remotes are the same.

usually people complain about the lag with a LCD or a Plasma, just to warn you. the component cables will help this. they usually cannot process the analog signal fast enough. it is most common on the virtual console games. it makes games like Super Mario Bros. impossible to play.

Back