Does this seem fair, PLEASE READ...

jillybean

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2006
Ok so my husband got to ToysRus at 8 am this morning and he was 37th in line. At about 8:15 the manager came out and said there was 42 Wii's available. So my husband get's his ticket slip and it said on it $249.99 and option to buy warrenty, if you wanted to.

Anyhow, when it gets about time to checkout in line, he hear's the cashier tell the ppl before him that they have to purchase the bundle they are offering for $289.97 (includes 1 game and 1 controller glove). The game they where offering with the bundle, was Ultimate Alliance but they had run out of those, so they gave him the Monkey ball Banana Blitz game instead, and A PINK CONTROLLER GLOVE because they had also run out of the other colors, (red and green).

I think in a way this was false advertising when the manager passes out tickets for ONLY the console, then when you go to ring out they tell you you HAVE to buy the bundle pack. Some PPL had to actually leave and go back home to get more money.

Even though im upset over this, I'm sooo happy my two kiddie's WILL have a Wii under their Christmas Tree!:)

Does anybody else thing this is wrong?? :nono: :frown2:

Last edited:
Yea that is pushing it a little.

If i were you i'd try going back to the store and exchanging the extra bundle crap for a credit note if possible or a straight swap for the actual title you want.

that may be a possibility, but i agree it is a little extortionate on their part.

I do.

You should sell the monkey ball game and that glove on eBay, you will get 2x of the money... I still think the monkey ball game is way better than the marvel one.

That's pretty lame if you ask me. I would be pretty mad if I got a pink glove lol. But on a good note, I have heard that banana blitz is alot better than ultimate alliance. Glad that you were able to pick one up :)

I posted this in another thread but the BBB is investigating these tactics because it is shady.

Sounds fair to me. Usually in the fine print it says that a store reserves the right to make substitutions due to shortage of supply of the advertised item.

But they didn't know they would be forced to buy a bundle until they got to the cashier to pay.. VERY SHADY.

They weren't at all forced to buy a bundle. . .they chose to buy the bundle by handing their credit card/check/cash over to the cashier. They could have just as easily turned around at walked out and not had any Wii at all.

I'm sure you would be able to swap the glove and game over at a later date (i.e. when they have stock - It's just bad PR otherwise).

Lucky Kids - bet they're gonna be well happy on Christmas.

jillybean said:
Ok so my husband got to ToysRus at 8 am this morning and he was 37th in line. At about 8:15 the manager came out and said there was 42 Wii's available. So my husband get's his ticket slip and it said on it $249.99 and option to buy warrenty, if you wanted to.

Anyhow, when it gets about time to checkout in line, he hear's the cashier tell the ppl before him that they have to purchase the bundle they are offering for $289.97 (includes 1 game and 1 controller glove). The game they where offering with the bundle, was Ultimate Alliance but they had run out of those, so they gave him the Monkey ball Banana Blitz game instead, and A PINK CONTROLLER GLOVE because they had also run out of the other colors, (red and green).

I think in a way this was false advertising when the manager passes out tickets for ONLY the console, then when you go to ring out they tell you you HAVE to buy the bundle pack. Some PPL had to actually leave and go back home to get more money.

Even though im upset over this, I'm sooo happy my two kiddie's WILL have a Wii under their Christmas Tree!:)

I would have thought thats not allowed because they are basically saying you have to buy the game... hmmm I dont know if thats totally legit...

May have different consumer rules in the states compared to the UK but Toys R Us are a bunch of ****holes in my opinion

TheRook

There is actually a lawsuit against Toys R Us right now for this. I read about it the other day. In the paper its advertised at $249.99 and people are being forced to pay more and have to buy a bundle.

jillybean said:

This is illegal. It's called bait-n-switch. Report them to the BBB and let the store manager know that you will let the Attorney General know of their dishonest business dealings.

It might be a good price for that. It depends.

If your kids are around from 6-10 years old, SMB: BBB, could be a good game for them.

If you have a girl child, she might like the Pink Controller Glove.

Anyways, you guys saved 20 bucks.

Back