Does this seem fair, PLEASE READ...

Considering the fact that it was either that or nothing. They guranteed 42 wii's, I'm sure it didn't say specifically that they had 42 of everything.

vagrant said:
Considering the fact that it was either that or nothing. They guranteed 42 wii's, I'm sure it didn't say specifically that they had 42 of everything.

????? what?

WiiToddIt said:
This is illegal. It's called bait-n-switch. Report them to the BBB and let the store manager know that you will let the Attorney General know of their dishonest business dealings.

How is that bait and switch? They had a pre-determined number of single units and a number set aside for bundles. It's not like the guy stepped up to the cash register and then the cashier decided "Oh, I want to screw this guy" and gave him the higher priced bundle instead.

csiguy4u said:
How is that bait and switch? They had a pre-determined number of single units and a number set aside for bundles. It's not like the guy stepped up to the cash register and then the cashier decided "Oh, I want to screw this guy" and gave him the higher priced bundle instead.

NOT TRUE... They sold all of us bundle's. No one got to buy just the console, at least not today. Everyone was made to buy the bundle.

well yes it is unfair, but seeing how businesses make very, very, very little profit from selling the systems, i can see how making people buy accessories would help the store earn more money.

unfair to you, but profitable to the store.

jillybean said:
NOT TRUE... They sold all of us bundle's. No one got to buy just the console, at least not today. Everyone was made to buy the bundle.

My fault. . .I mis-understood what the store did.

But did the advertisement for the Wii specifically say that the consoles wouldn't be bundled? Bait-n-switch does involve some sort of bait (i.e. an advertisement or tv commercial).

csiguy4u said:
My fault. . .I mis-understood what the store did.

But did the advertisement for the Wii specifically say that the consoles wouldn't be bundled? Bait-n-switch does involve some sort of bait (i.e. an advertisement or tv commercial).

The Sunday Advertisment had only the console in the Circular Ad for 249.95, no Bundle mentioned anywhere in it.

jillybean said:
The Sunday Advertisment had only the console in the Circular Ad for 249.95, no Bundle mentioned anywhere in it.

Then sue that stores manager. He ****ed up by not selling the Wii's in accordance to the Ad (probably put out by the Toys R Us regional manager).

Well think about it. He got there at 8 and got one. I went to bestbuy 2 AM barely got one of the last ones. I think that luck evens it out. lol

csiguy4u said:
Then sue that stores manager. He ****ed up by not selling the Wii's in accordance to the Ad (probably put out by the Toys R Us regional manager).

Well somebody screwed up. Don't get me wrong even though i shelled about 40 bucks more then I wanted i am both glad and relieved, my hunt for a Wii is over. I just didn;t and still dont appreciate a Manager handing us all a ticket and making us think we where all buying just the sonsole, and NOT the bundle. Imagine how frustrated those where, who had to run back home who didn't have enought &&& to cover the extra cost, especially since the ticket was only good till 10 AM, then it would have become Void. Yeaks to those who drove a long way and didn;t bring enough $$$.

Oh well im very happy I don't have to run around anymore.I just truly feel ToysRus was VERY dishonest in their dealing with us..

noone goes to toys'r'us for games/accessories anyhow. they gotta unload them while they got people coming in for consoles.

Seibar said:
noone goes to toys'r'us for games/accessories anyhow. they gotta unload them while they got people coming in for consoles.

I go there for accessories, ironically Toys R Us is the only place around here that has wiimotes/nunchuks in stock everytime I check. Plus they are cheaper than other stores as well. Most stores around here are selling wiimotes for 49.99, where as Toys R Us and Walmart sell em for 39.99

I would just take back the extra stuff and return em, if they aren't open or anything they gotta take em back and it clearly states on the back of the reciept their store policy on returns. If they don't threaten them.

That's ransom! BUNDLES SHOULD NOT BE ENFORCED! I hate bundles... call corporate toys R us and make sure it was an official bundle. because if it's not... you can get some people fired... (happened w/ best buy)

Well I used to work at Game Crazy and they were doing that with the Halo Xbox. They can't actually do that unless Toys 'R' Us had it specially packaged so you can not buy the system alone. If I were you I would call corporate and complain because they will allow you to refund it and you may get a gift card to keep you as a customer.

Back