Does this sometimes happen to you?

pYRo

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Wii Online Code
2186-4201-2378-7021
Okay, sometimes when i start up a game on my wii, it will sound like it's having trouble reading the disk and makes a weird clicking and beeping sound and the game won't start and i have to turn the console off. I'd say this happens probably around 1 in every 15 startups, maybe not that much but whatever. But the problem used to be worse when the game would only start about 1 in every 3 times and would make the buzzy grinding noise during gameplay, and i got it repaired.

1.So my question is: is this normal, sort of like when you had to blow off those N64 cartridges when they wouldn't start, or is it not normal, and if not, should i even try sending it back to nintendo to get it fixed again?

2.One more question: as soon as i start up my wii, it makes these sounds that kinda sound like small twigs snapping inside of it, but it only does it for maybe 10 seconds. Does this happen with yours at all?

Can't say it does happen to me, you may want to call Nintendo about this if the problem keeps happening.

"twigs snapping"? My wii never does any of that stuff. It sounds like your wii is killing itself from the inside. I think you should call nintendo about that.

Definitely happens to me.. but not as often as yours. I think it's usually a result of the disc not going in straight.. and ejecting and reloading the disc usually helps.

never happened to me...weirdest thing that ever happens to me/my wii is that everyone once and awhile i can hear the disc moving around pretty clearly......but that's supposed to happen ;)

yes it happens to me alot but with certain games only
ejecting and putting it back helps doesnt bother so i dont i should send it back
or either should you unless it sounds like a dying cat ;]]

It's funny because it looks like it's a fairly common problem. Mine was doing that, at the beginning not very often but then it got worse and I called Nintendo and explained the problem. They said it was probably the piece that catches the disc and places it correctly, they told me it was a severe problem and it might stop working altogether so I sent my Wii to Nintendo.
Now I am waiting to get the console back. I suggest you do the same, before your guarantee finishes!

I see this from time to time as well. I think it is more than a coincidence now regarding when it happens though. Although it makes NO sense to me, I see it specifically after I have remove the Wii Sports disk, and attempt to play something else. Nearly 100% of the time, the next disk inserted will click\whir whatever, and give the message on screen to power down etc. Things work fine after that.

Again, makes no sense to me, but it does seem to happen. On a side note on the same issue, if I remove the Wii Sports disk, power off the machine, turn it back on again, and THEN insert another game disk, the problem does not appear. Strange.

In my case it used to happen from time to time at the beginning, never with Wii Sports though. But by the time I decided to send it it was taking me 10-12 attempts to make some games work (specially Guitar Hero and Metroid Prime) and 3-4 attempts with Wii Play.
I decided it was just too much and it couldn't be that good for the console to be powering it down or even unplugging it so many times!

mines 2

my wii makes noises on certain games for me as well when i played mysims it used to make noise i think it is a common problem with the wii b/c the majority of folks complain about their wii makin noises.

^^yep mysims on my wii does alot of noises

so no ones wii makes little weird crackly noises after it just starts up? I cant really explain it, but it sounds like when you turn your computer monitor off and it makes a crackling noise for about 10 seconds. Only it happens to the wii when it starts up. but the noises arent that closely spaced, it probably makes the noise around 5-10 times.

Back