Does xbox 360 really break

blogman54

Wiifan54
Feb 14, 2007
Hey people

I want to know if the Xbox 360 really breaks as much as people tell me on the net. I am still buying a wii but I thought it would be nice to have second console post and let me know what you think;)

no there was just a ****in 3-5% failure rate of systems at launch, if it dose break send it back to M$ and they replace it, all for free

All consoles are going to have their problem units.. 360's seem to be above average though. I can no longer play because of the "red circle of death". Being a launch system it's out of warranty and can be fixed by either busting open the case at home or paying microsoft $130.

Well mine died 5 months after purchase (May-Oct), but at least I had a warranty at CC. I got a gift card and purchased a wii, only because the 360 had been an impulse buy and all I ever played was chrome hounds (which was an awesome game until FROM let online go to hell).

Anyways, that was simply my experience and it shouldn't dissuade you from purchasing the 360. It's great system that has a lot of great titles coming this year. The reward greatly outweighs the risk, especially since microsoft extended the warranty from 3 months to a full year. (or so I hear)

Out of six friends only me and another have had problems with our 360s. Purchasing another 360 is definitely in my future.

My advice: If you like the games, then get the system.

fistpittingnork said:
All consoles are going to have their problem units.. 360's seem to be above average though. I can no longer play because of the "red circle of death". Being a launch system it's out of warranty and can be fixed by either busting open the case at home or paying microsoft $130.
whend you purchase your console?
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/752/752259p1.html
you got 1 year

fistpittingnork said:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Microsoft repair any system made in 2005 for free? If so, then DO NOT open the case! Just call Microsoft.

I wish Microsoft would've issued the one year warranty earlier, that way I'd be $60 richer. (from not having bought a store warranty)

I forgot to state that I no longer have the receipt, and even though it's obvious it could have only been purchased between launch and the time it crashed (around October), Microsoft still would not honor the warranty.

Before anyone else says it, yes, I worked my way through several different people trying to get them to honor without receipt and even mentioning buying a Ps3 and the most I was able to accomplish was a few bucks knocked off the service bill.

They also informed me that what they would send would be a refurbished unit that only carries a 90-day warranty.

I'm just going to wait until the new model is available and go with it. I'm satisfied enough with my Wii for now, anyway.

hmm... this may be futile, but in the back of the 360 there is a sticker with rows of #s, one of them being the manufacturing date. It should read 2005MM. Since it was clearly manufactured in 2005, I don't see why microsoft shouldn't honor the warranty. But since you called and they said nothing can be done, then I guess you're out of luck.

Either way, since the OP is not purchasing a launch unit, he shouldn't have a problem with the warranty.

Btw, do look at that sticker before you buy, since you never know if you're just buying a returned and most likely brick unit (Walmart!!!)

there was a program bout this on itv yesterday and a guy was made to pay £80 just to have it repaired.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
there was a program bout this on itv yesterday and a guy was made to pay £80 just to have it repaired.
how much dose it cost to get a wii repaired?

Sovieto said:
how much dose it cost to get a wii repaired?

Tell me, what does that have to do with anything?

And yes, the Xbox 360 does break, as does every other console. Yet, the Xbox 360 does break more than any other console but that's probably because the Xbox 360 was a rushed project in order for it to be released before the Wii and PS3, if you buy one now, I don't think you should have any problems.

Chaz said:
Tell me, what does that have to do with anything?

And yes, the Xbox 360 does break, as does every other console. Yet, the Xbox 360 does break more than any other console but that's probably because the Xbox 360 was a rushed project in order for it to be released before the Wii and PS3, if you buy one now, I don't think you should have any problems.
okay....ill tell you what it has to do with anything, the guy said a guy had to pay 80 whatever to get his 360 repaired..so i was wondering how much it costs for a wii to get repaired..:crazy:

Back