Dolby Digital Sound question

MapaX5

WiiChat Member
Jun 1, 2011
Citrus, FL
Hello everyone...
i was wondering how i can get the Dolby Prologic II sound out of the wii?
i've searched everywhere and couldn't find a cable or directions as to how to go about this.
i also saw games for the GC and they have the "Dolby Prologic II" stamp at the bottom/back and did not know the GC had digital out either....
i'm a PlayStation guy and just recently got into this console.
please give me some pointers.
i searched amazon, went to game stop, even tried the "chinese" stores in Tampa (they're own by asian people who had like bootleg stuff) and no one seems to know what i'm talking about.
Ideas? pointers?
Thanks! :)

There is nothing you really need to "do" other than have the audio equipment, such as a receiver, that can decode the Dolby Prologic II signal. The thing about Prologic is it is an analog signal, not digital, so there are no special cables you need, just the red and white RCA cables supplied with the unit.

Others may have more information on how Prologic works.

I'm sorry...I'm just used to having a dedicated "digital out" spot for it in the other consoles. I have an RCA Dolby Prologic II EX 7.1 system. It also decodes DTS II and PCM...I just don't know how to get it to work with the Wii. Or how to set the Wii up to send the signal. I figured it was like when I upgraded to HDTV and had to get a cable AND change settings in the Wii.
So, is there a trick to activate D-Pro logic on the Wii settings?

Back