Dolby Pro Logic II confirmed

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. have now confirmed that Wii will use Dolby Pro Logic II technology. Previously used in the GameCube console, Dolby Pro Logic II allows for two-channel stereo sound to be split in order to produce a pseudo surround-sound audio experience through a traditional five-speaker home theater setup.

"The Wii console will break down the walls that separate gamers from everyone else," says Koji Kondo, manager of the Sound Group of Nintendo's Entertainment Analysis and Development Division. "Sound is a key part of this equation and because Wii supports Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound technology, we think everyone can have a great audio experience."

Below is the full official press release statement:

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 21, 2006 - Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) announced today that the Wii™ gaming console from Nintendo Co., Ltd. will use Dolby® Pro Logic II technology to offer gamers an immersive surround sound experience.

"The Wii™ console will break down the walls that separate gamers from everyone else” said Koji Kondo, Manager, Sound Group, Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd. “Sound is a key part of this equation and because Wii supports Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound technology, we think everyone can have a great audio experience."

"Dolby Pro Logic II technology ensures that the Wii console can offer rich, immersive surround sound, which is essential to a great gaming experience,” said John Griffin, Marketing Director, Games, Dolby Laboratories. "We're looking forward to hearing how great Nintendo's games sound at launch."

Availability
Nintendo has announced that the Wii console will be available in North America on November 19, in Japan on December 2, 2006 and in Europe on December 8, 2006.

Thats good news, now we can really enjoy our nintendo experiance:yesnod:

wooooooooooohhhhooooooooooooooooooooooo gaint around sond at my house youll be able to here link killing the foest boss for miles ronan by the way you have to ask wiired to do it for you but it comes at a heavy price......
jk for free

Look's good, I like how the GameCube sounds anyway... I would like to check out how it sounds with the speaker...

For me having Pro Logic II is good enough, but it would have been more reasuring (in a, for once wii has the top of the line, no one can argue sort of way) to have full Digital 5.1 or even 7.1

Last edited:
PLII sucks, still NGC games have been totally cool without true surround but it would still be really nice to have it.

Back