Donkey Kong Country and others 2/19

Finally! 2/3 is up! Mario Kart 64, DKC. Now all I need is FF6. Nintendo may be running into the same emulation issues as the people who made illegal roms on the internet. If that's true, they should look up other roms that have given emulators trouble. Ogre Battle 64, any Mega Man X, DKC have given emulators trouble in the past. Rampart had emulator music issues.

I legally own all the games list on the consoles.

MasterJedi2U said:
YES to Donkey Kong Country! Finally a solid game that I actually owned and want to own again. As for the other three only Streets of Rage sounds interesting to me...

Streets of Rage was amazing for Sega. Its the coolest game ever.

X2222 said:
Streets of Rage was amazing for Sega. Its the coolest game ever.

I find it to be one of the cheesiest games of all time, but it's also kind of cool as well.

As far as the DKC upload goes, I got my text from vcnotifier.com at 12:05pm EST telling me New Adventure Island, Legend of Kage, and Streets of Rage were up. I got another text at 2:05pm for DKC. I hadn't gotten on the shop channel until about 6pm and all 4 were there. So with whoever was saying it's not up, for some reason they just uploaded DKC late I'm guessing.

Personally, I got DKC and Legend Of Kage. Yes, Legend Of Kage is pretty cheesy and possibly THE MOST REDUNDANT GAME OF ALL TIME but for some reason I still love playing it. I have no idea why, though. I borrowed it from a friend way back in the day and bought it the same day. You'd think it was an amazing game. It isn't. But I love it and I don't know why. I've never played Streets of Rage so I might get that later in the week.

DKC feels a lot harder than it used to! I'm still stuck on the first annoying cart jumping level.

It's probably a result of games becoming a lot easier today, which IMO is a good thing because some old school games are too hard for their own good.

fistpittingnork said:
Mine Cart Madness killed me off twice before I got through it earlier... damn abandoned carts.

Yeah it really pissed me off so I just stopped. I'm finding this stupid cart level harder than anything in Gun Star Heroes.

En4Neo said:
DKC feels a lot harder than it used to! I'm still stuck on the first annoying cart jumping level.

It's probably a result of games becoming a lot easier today, which IMO is a good thing because some old school games are too hard for their own good.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. That kind of attitude is why we (the US) never saw the real Super Mario 2, better known to us over here as Mario, the Lost Levels.

I like the the old games that were difficult but not because of play control issues. DKC is one of those games that plays well. I thought the mine levels were difficult at first but, eventually got through it.

For those of you who cant find Donkey Kong Country........ for me it was not listed in the New Additions section, but under the system list for Super Nintendo.

I'm in Canada, dont know if this is just here, or if they fixed it. I know another who didn't see it either.

mym6 said:
I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. That kind of attitude is why we (the US) never saw the real Super Mario 2, better known to us over here as Mario, the Lost Levels.

I like the the old games that were difficult but not because of play control issues. DKC is one of those games that plays well. I thought the mine levels were difficult at first but, eventually got through it.

It really comes down to personal preference, some people like games that whip you into shape by forcing you to memorize everything. I happen to like games that are difficult, but not frustratingly difficult so that I can get on with my life.

Besides we still got lost levels on the SNES. It's my least favorite of the first 3 though because of the difficulty and it being too much like the first Super Mario Bros., so I can't exactly agree with you on wanting it.

Also I found everything else in DKC not too hard up until the mines. This game shifts to a much harder difficulty too soon with the mine level and doesn't match up with the rest of the game's gradual difficulty increase. A good game flows better so you gain skill rather than frusteration.

Finally DKC!
I've been waiting forever.
Although I have it on SNES it's just convienent on VC.

En4Neo said:
It really comes down to personal preference, some people like games that whip you into shape by forcing you to memorize everything. I happen to like games that are difficult, but not frustratingly difficult so that I can get on with my life.

Besides we still got lost levels on the SNES. It's my least favorite of the first 3 though because of the difficulty and it being too much like the first Super Mario Bros., so I can't exactly agree with you on wanting it.

Also I found everything else in DKC not too hard up until the mines. This game shifts to a much harder difficulty too soon with the mine level and doesn't match up with the rest of the game's gradual difficulty increase. A good game flows better so you gain skill rather than frusteration.

Well said...there's a lot more psychology to games than people might think. Difficulty is good and can make for a memorable game, but it has to make sense, follow a logical progression, and provide some measurable sense of progress or it goes from difficult to frustrating...

Anyone could make a game that was nearly impossible to beat, but if it's not enjoyable to play, what's the point?

RichardC01 said:
Streets of Rage!! Man, I hope it's out in the UK on Friday. That series is easily one of my most favourite ever.

Probably NOT since this update that Nintendo will be doing is ONLY for North American !

European VC games comes out every Friday so fingers crossed that perhaps these titles are included but i doubt it.

Back