Donkey Kong Country + Gamecube controller?

FurthestAway

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
For some reason, my copy of Donkey Kong Country for the SNES won't work with my Gamecube controller, even though the game info when I downloaded it said that it would. Any advice on how to get the console to recognise the controller?

If it helps, the controller isn't a first party Nintendo one, but one sold by Game, which is marketed as "GameCube contoller for Wii".

mine works fine with a gamecube controller but horribly, the jump button is set to x and the grab button is set to b with a being char switch, so holding a barrel and jumping with it becomes very fidly and awkward >.<

So how do you make it work? Just have the thing plugged in as you start up the console and then start the game as normal? Cos that's what I've been doing, and it keeps on saying I need a classic controller...

is donkey kong country even out for virtual console?? Or are you in some specific region

sendhelp said:
is donkey kong country even out for virtual console?? Or are you in some specific region
I was just about to ask the same question! Donkey Kong Country for the SNES was such an amazing game.

I know there's Donkey KONG and Donkey Kong Jr. ... I havent seen country on there though

I had a lot of great snes games including the DKC trilogy but they were all stolen when my house was robbed and I was in like 5th grade..

But I have them on dreamcast as roms though but the frameskip is a little choppy although the game plays at fullspeed it doesn't have that smooth 60 fps look & feel.. if they had it for virtual console I'd buy it

I haven't bought anything on VC because the NES games that I'd want that are available I have on animal crossing for gamecube.. and there's no genesis or snes on there that are ultra appealing and as for super mario 64 I have that on n64 and ds... I almost wanted to buy it but there wouldn't be much advantage besides the niceness of playing it with the GC controller

Leirith said:
DKC is out here in Australia.
Lucky *ss!!!

Only title I've purchased so far is Solomon's Key. DKC would be an insanely cool addition to the Wii's VC.

Back