"don't need to download it to my virtual console, I have it on a disc"

Adam Wii

WiiChat Member
Apr 14, 2007
Are there any Wii virtual console games you decided not to download to your virtual console because you already have them on a game compilation on the Gamecube or other console? Here is what I am experiencing:

I have unlocked a wide range of NES games on Animal crossing (all 19 plus the fake game "Super Tortimer" but not including the blank NES) , and all 19 of those real NES games, because I have them on Animal Crossing, I don't need to download their Virtual Console counterparts!

I have decided NOT to download TurboGrafx 16 title "Dragon Spirit" to my Wii Virtual Console. Why? Because I have it on "Namco Museum 50th Anniversary" for PlayStation 2 (it is also available on Gamecube! ) !

I still get them even though I have them on something else. You can't beat the convenience of just turning on your Wii and playing. Then you can switch off to another one in an instant.

You can't beat the convenience of saving a ton of Wii Points. :D

I have the Sonic and Zelda collections for Gamecube, and the Mega Drive Collection for PS2. The latter is probably the best retro collection ever.

I have the Megaman Collection and Sonic Collection, and I am satisfied with them. However, I loathe the controls and the way the video looks on the zelda games on the GC collector's disc. I would rather have them on VC. But why buy sonic or megaman when you can have them all one one disc? It's just easier that way.

I personally agree with the convenience of it, but I also base it on the games themselves. Personally, I'm working on "outing" my 64 and getting the few games I play on it on the virtual console. So far I have Zelda: Ocarina and Mario Kart 64, which means I'm well on my way.
Yet I have a modded ps1 with a disc containing hundreds of nes games, which I play with a madcatz retrocon controller (it emulates the classic nes controller feel well). Because of that, I have no real reason to buy any nes games on the virtual console.
But since I can't do the same thing with snes games, I'm waiting for a few of those gems to come around on the virtual console, like nba jam and mega man soccer.

I might buy some Mega Man games on VC even though I own ALL the original carts AND the Gamecube collection. The Gamecube collection just had such infuriating controls, I never really could get used to 'em (even though I did beat a few games, like Mega Man 2-6 on there).

DaPantz said:
I might buy some Mega Man games on VC even though I own ALL the original carts AND the Gamecube collection. The Gamecube collection just had such infuriating controls, I never really could get used to 'em (even though I did beat a few games, like Mega Man 2-6 on there).

Did you notice that the NES Zelda games are annoying to control with a gamecube controller as well? I have been OK so far with Megaman ones.

ciper said:
I decided not to download any more VC games because I have them on this disc. http://tinyurl.com/2cdk4n

In the readme it says "Contains the following Emulators and Roms for NTSC region Wii Systems" does this mean i cant use it on my PAL console at all? or what

Yeah, I have The Zelda collecters edition! Other than all those 4 games on there....not really anything else

Blue said:
Did you notice that the NES Zelda games are annoying to control with a gamecube controller as well? I have been OK so far with Megaman ones.

I actually didn't notice that, prolly cause I played the Megaman games so much more often. Hm!

again, does anyone know if this disc you can download will work on a pal wii?

Back