Dormant Wii

stewart01 said:
Personally, I'm not going to buy any Mario games - most of them are pathetic -
Mario this, Mario that.

Talk about overkill.

Original games please!
Do you know what a videogame is? If so you must be 10, Mario is original as it gets kid. You can't surpass Mario in originality....just, no.

honestly, just play it, heck, I use it everyday just for the fun of it! I can't get enough of vc, especially Super Mario Bros.! there's also plenty of games, unless you've already played Twilight Princess, then you must have problems, no offense.

Michael Hardman said:
Oh well people can't see past their fat faces, reality is theres not much out there don't try convice me there isnt.

Not a great attitude. Granted, you got flamed a little by a few fanboys, but you also got some fairly constructive posts, and some advice on good games. Why don't you list all the games you've played, and what type of games you like, and we may be able to help you out with some better suggestions....

Michael Hardman said:
reality is theres not much out there don't try convice me there isnt.
Ok then, I won't convince you there isn't, because there is.

The poster above me is just trying to be the nice guy, but he's right; if you want us to help you get yourself playing the Wii again, you gotta tell us what types you are interested in. Like stupid/fun games? Warioware and Elebits...serious action and adventure? LoZ...want a game that'll last you a lot of playing hours? Excite Truck....Beat em up games? DBZ: Tenkaichi and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

+ the VC games, don't forget about the Virtual Console.

Last edited:
Michael Hardman said:
My Wii sits i nthe corner doing nothing and it will do for many many months until online play comes out and Mario Galxyt.

Anyone else just not bother playing their Wii due to lack of worthwhile games on the market.

You've lost your mind if you think there are no worthwhile games on the market right now.

Uuhhh
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Need for Speed Carbon
Wii Play
VC games
Zelda Twilight Princess
Chuck Norris
Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Need I go on?

Hey, >new to gaming< hehe, i was wondering why is the VC fun? sry if it seems odd, but alot of the games dont look very fun to me. what games are good for VC (im going to give it a try before dismissing it as ive never played any games from any old consoles save the sega saturn which i have good memories w/ :) )
pS-idk why ppz are talking about lack of games. is it just me, or are there alot of games out O_O i think maybe ppl who finish zelda so fast ought SLOW down and buy more games like wii sports that have high repeatability thingies (idk if Zelda has it.) take time w/ the games and the fun will surely last :)

get excite truck... or rent it. It's a good game.. also rayman its good... try them both, if not, invite someone over and play wii sports, it's always a laugh. and if not, then you should have let someone else that its looking for a wii to get it.

Tails McCloud~ said:
Uuhhh
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Need for Speed Carbon
Wii Play
VC games
Zelda Twilight Princess
Chuck Norris
Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Need I go on?

Out of those I had Zelda and NF, completed both and sold them.

THer rest of them and the rest of the Wii titles don't interest me.

I just want them to hurry uop and bring out exlusive games for the Wii as anything that comes out of Wii and 360 I might as well buy on the 360.

my wii has been so active since i got it. i play it so much that if it were a handheld console, the buttons would be worn by now. you know, how when you push buttons so much on a controller that the plastic around it gets this weird shininess to it? Yea, like that.

I play Wii sports ALL THE TIME. as a matter of fact, the other day i was trying to learn the "perfect roll" in bowling so as to get a strike each time, i got pretty close with scores up in the 240s, but still not exact. Anyway i played so much that day i seriously had some soreness in my arm. So i just switched arms and kept going. Lol.

Same goes for Zelda, when I got that I played EVERYDAY all day long until it was beaten. And then I went back for more. Today I'm going to go out and buy some more Wii points to get some coolness on the VC. I would just use the credit card option, but i have a wi-fi hookup and I'm super paranoid about wi-fi sniffers when it comes to info like that.

I dont see how ANYONES Wii can be "dormant".

Mine has been sitting and will continue to sit until some decent games come out. Its just chilling, waiting for SSBB, Guitar Hero, Prince of persia and anything else that comes out that is actually good. Basically SSBB is the only reason to have this console (Besides TP). I really didn't believe that all the games were kiddy and i really though that the motion sensing would be fun and innovative. But it doesn't seem to have much more than a novelty value. Now it seems like alll the new games are ports

Nintendo might be losing another fan if they don't get some decent (non childish) games together, and some solid 3rd party support.

I would sell it and get a 360 if my girlfriend didn't already have one.

Last edited:
thoughtcrimnal84 said:
Mine has been sitting and will continue to sit until some decent games come out. Its just chilling, waiting for SSBB, Guitar Hero, Prince of persia and anything else that comes out that is actually good. Basically SSBB is the only reason to have this console (Besides TP). I really didn't believe that all the games were kiddy and i really though that the motion sensing would be fun and innovative. But it doesn't seem to have much more than a novelty value. Now it seems like alll the new games are ports

Nintendo might be losing another fan if they don't get some decent (non childish) games together, and some solid 3rd party support.

I would sell it and get a 360 if my girlfriend didn't already have one.

They got No More Heroes coming out Manhunt 2 Sadness Resident Evil and I am sure more is on the way. you just got to patient its not the gamecube were hardly any good M rated games besides RE4:smilewinkgrin: This is the exact reason why I wait for at least 6 months if not more for more game selection

Back