Download Your Own Games

Spots80

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2010
I don't know if this is the right section, but here goes anyways. I think that it would be really cool if Nintendo came out with some sort of adaptor that would take NES and SNES cartridges and somehow let you download the game info into your Wii. Then, you could play the games just as if you bought them through the Virtual Console. What do you think ?

I don't know if this is the right section, but here goes anyways. I think that it would be really cool if Nintendo came out with some sort of adaptor that would take NES and SNES cartridges and somehow let you download the game info into your Wii. Then, you could play the games just as if you bought them through the Virtual Console. What do you think ?

yes, but wouldn't that be ripping Nintendo off?

It simply could not happen for the following reasons:

1. Nintendo wants you to buy again the game (obviously)
2. Nintendo can't be sure that the game you're transferring is already supported by the system. It could not run at all or it could even break your Wii

So... No dice!

2. Nintendo can't be sure that the game you're transferring is already supported by the system. It could not run at all or it could even break your Wii

So... No dice!

And 3: There's no way to guarantee someone doesn't take a single cartridge around to 10 different Wii's and install it on all of them.

On the XBOX 360, you can completely install a game from disc to the hard drive, however you must still have the game disc in the drive each time you play in order to prove that you do actually own it.

So... No dice!

And 3: There's no way to guarantee someone doesn't take a single cartridge around to 10 different Wii's and install it on all of them.

On the XBOX 360, you can completely install a game from disc to the hard drive, however you must still have the game disc in the drive each time you play in order to prove that you do actually own it.

So true!

Perhaps if the device was something like the Virtual Player for the Gamecube, but once again, why let you play your old games if the can sell them again to you?

Back