downloading stuff on your ps3

gethez

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
hi,

i have a few questions bout my ps3:

- i wonder how u can download stuff like music, video's ,... to your ps3

how do you phisically get it from your pc on to your ps3? (usb stick????)

- i have a sony ericsson phone with usb connection and ps3 won't recognize

it, is there some software for it??

- i wonder how u can use a picture to use as a screensaver

Right, i think it depends on what model you got, not sure,

but i have the 60gb one,

anyway heres how i did it.

my laptop has a wireless thing in it, if you have a PC with wireless thing that would work to.

try and find media servers on the PS3 under, video, Music or pictures, and find your laptop or PC, Put what ever you want into a shared folder, and then find that folder from your PC, now transfer it, or stream it.

If you dont have wireless, or cant do any of that,

then yes a USB stick works.

putting pics as wallpapers, get the pic onto you PS3 go to the pic, view it, scroll along the options while viewing till you come to set as wallpaper,

if you have the internet on your PS3, use the browser to get pics, copy them to your PS3 and do the same, you cant transfer music from the browser though. i dont think so anyway.

as for phones, connection, mines all pic up my phones bluetooth, by going to network, and going to accessories,

this is all wireless feature wi-fi,

if your PS3 model does not supprt that then the only way is USB stick

Hope i helped

hhmmm,

i can't seem to connect to mediaserver... it doesn't find anything...
strange cos my ps3 is connected allright to the internet....

is it necessary that shared folder, and how do you create one???

umm tjere is usually a shared folder in my documents, if not make a folder then down left hand side of my documents window it says share this folder.

thats me presuming you have windows xp. otherwise i dont know

but if your PS3 cant find a media server then you laptop or PC must not have a wireless, card thingy

i use a router,

this is wireless isn't it?? whats the difference between a router and what u say, a wireless card...?

well the card thing is actually part of the comp/laptop, so the PS3 picks up the laptop/comp

the router is for well routing internet and stuff,

im not sure if there is a way to access your comps files using a router, im not a computer buff just have some knowledge,

but best advice i can give, is use a usb stick, or get pics from the PS3 browser.

i think you can get music now, not positive, but u cud try.

if u want personal pics from you PC - PS3 then try this.

make a free account on www.photobucket.com upload images, from PC

then go onto the same site from PS3 and find those pics and transfer them that way

sry but i don't know nothing bout photobucket...

i uploaded a pic there, but now the question how do i get it on my ps3??

cant you rip cd to the hard drive. but your pic on a sd card or a digital camra useing the usb. but there just useing the cd player i know it so 90's of me. ge i wonder what you would say about 8-track tapes.

Back