DragonballZ Movie/Show Timeline

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
I jumped the DBZ wagon back 9 years ago when it premeired on Toonami on CN then caught onto Dragonball once it started as well, and have always been confused about the interaction between the DBZ show and the Movies, I mean its simple to tell what saga they follow or lead into basing off what Super Saiyan level the characters have reached or not at all. Its just that in the show, Goku, who shows up in almost every single movie to save the day, is always busy and whenever nothings happening, hes either dead or missing in action....

its kinda hard to place the movies in the timeline becuase they dont follow the story 100%. like the cooler movie is supposed to happen between the freeza saga and the android saga. however if you remember, goku kinda got lost in space during that time yet in the cooler movie, he is on earth. its kinda like the movies are part of a 2nd reality

Mitch2025 said:
its kinda hard to place the movies in the timeline becuase they dont follow the story 100%. like the cooler movie is supposed to happen between the freeza saga and the android saga. however if you remember, goku kinda got lost in space during that time yet in the cooler movie, he is on earth. its kinda like the movies are part of a 2nd reality
exactly or the Tree of Might, where he is alive, has the Kaio-Ken technique and spirit bomb, which means he has returned from his 1st visit with king kai, but the only time he had that on earth was when fighting vegeta and nappa, then right after that he was almost dead, and piccollo, krillin, and gohan were right on their way to namek

The Dragonball Films are all a bit of a cock up in terms of following the time line

Wheres Mui when I need him he know loads about db

ocdan said:
I jumped the DBZ wagon back 9 years ago when it premeired on Toonami on CN then caught onto Dragonball once it started as well, and have always been confused about the interaction between the DBZ show and the Movies, I mean its simple to tell what saga they follow or lead into basing off what Super Saiyan level the characters have reached or not at all. Its just that in the show, Goku, who shows up in almost every single movie to save the day, is always busy and whenever nothings happening, hes either dead or missing in action....

to add to that last part, its beacause Goku's existence is the pure reason behind most of these evil guys coming to earth, which is why he decided to stay dead after the cell saga.

But yea treat the movies and show storyline differently, because there would be too many flaws if it was supposed to follow the same timeline.

I've been watching DBZ laterly and its the Buu saga. Well when Goku is training Trunks and Goten to learn the fusion, why does Goku have to leave to go to the other world? Why can't he just stay on Earth and help Gotanks.

Hes dead
he only has a short amount of time in the land of the liveing

on a side note I prefer Dragonball to dbZ (kid Goku is funnyer)

How does he get back to Earth then? Does he have to be wished back by Shenron or does he get to come back in a certain amount of time?

Icetrash said:
How does he get back to Earth then? Does he have to be wished back by Shenron or does he get to come back in a certain amount of time?
wasnt he granted permission by the big guy at his desk one day on earth to meat everyone at the tournement?

DB>>GT(untill the fights become long)>>>>>>>DBZ

I hate multi eps fights (2 is right)

wow, i've honestly never seen a DBZ fan who enjoyed GT(for obvious reasons)..
but your not actually a fan, are you?

Seen all of the dragon ball stuff (bootlegs off ebay)
Z was anoying
liked the first just becuase it wasnt just train fight train fight

Darkprinny said:
Seen all of the dragon ball stuff (bootlegs off ebay)
Z was anoying
liked the first just becuase it wasnt just train fight train fight
Well quite honestly DB and DBZ are pretty close for me..
they were both good with the exception of Goku's Spirit Bomb taking 10 episodes to make.
Its only GT i cant stand. It's not liked because it is so far off from the others, almost like its a different story (It wasn't made by the same guy who made the others, for those who dont know).

Gt was made just to end the Goku life story

Back