Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dreadnought galaxy - garbage dump

Discussion in 'Super Mario Galaxy' started by Nerlin, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Nerlin

Nerlin WiiChat Member

I ' ve beat bowser but cannot beat this level. Please somebody help me pass this level so I can sleep at night. Any tips or tricks would be helpful.

2. kkirby

kkirby WiiChat Member

Garbage Dump

It's easy once you know where to throw the bombs. Run to the second bomb first and throw it to the gold "bolt" in the floor. Pick up the bomb from the first position and toss it slightly to the left of the bolt. These two will blow up the first 5 trash piles. Quickly pick up the bomb from the third spot and throw it to the next gold bolt, it's the one towards the center. Grab the 4th bomb and throw it to the gold bolt farthest right. Run back and get another bomb and throw it slightly to the right of the last bomb and it will take out the remainder. Check out videos on youtube for a visual. It took me a couple of days to get that rythym, but now I can do it no problem. Hope this helps.

3. SiLeNt1

SiLeNt1 WiiChat Member

there are markings on the ground hinting where u should throw the bombs....it look like flat gold coins on the floor...try throwing the bombs as close to the markings as possible and u'll get it

4. Bulldawg99

Bulldawg99 WiiChat Member

Also, if you are running out of time (less than 9 seconds) and have a bomb close but not quite right, throw another bomb to set up a chain reaction. The bombs take 9-10 seconds to explode, but if they're close enough to one about to explode, you can blow up 2-3 more in the final seconds that otherwise would not have exploded.

5. PsychoSpaz

PsychoSpaz WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1646-3765-3746-3853
    1646-3765-3746-3853
    And once you have finished the level, don't collect the star yet. Shoot star bits at the gold coins to get coins O_O lol

6. Bulldawg99

Bulldawg99 WiiChat Member

One other tip I've learned while playing through again. If you run into the bombs without picking them up, you'll trigger the fuse, so you can run into them before 11 seconds remaining but not place them until just before they blow. Makes the star a lot easier to get than trying to set up chain reactions.

7. isis1980

isis1980 WiiChat Member

This board is annoying the f*$# outta me. Its hard to throw the bombs exactly on those gold spots. ughhhh

8. schmerf823

schmerf823 WiiChat Member

omg im stuck on this one too. my method is to just keep throwing them all over the place randomly and hope i get lucky. but it hasnt worked yet.

9. isis1980

isis1980 WiiChat Member

lmaooo hasn't worked for me either. The bombs take too long to go off. ughhh. Good luck

10. schmerf823

this star is one of the only ones i cannot beat by myself. I can't even find out the difference between this one and the one in the battlerock galaxy, but they managed to make this one a lot harder. why is it so impossible?

11. isis1980

isis1980 WiiChat Member

I have no clue and it sucks

12. schmerf823

Why did they even bother to make it? it pisses me off so much... and its repetitive... i hope there arent any of these annoying stars that u have to do twice in super mario galaxy 2.

13. isis1980

isis1980 WiiChat Member

from some of the videos I saw they have something similar to the garbage dump but its just boxes that you have to smash within a certain time.

14. schmerf823

Oh joy.... hopefully nothing about throwing bombs, i have horrible aim.

15. isis1980

isis1980 WiiChat Member

Yeah me too. I can't for the life of me get the bombs on those gold spots

16. schmerf823

I've never bothered trying. I didnt even realize they would be of any use except to get coins. and I personally value starbits more than coins; they look cooler. lol

17. isis1980

isis1980 WiiChat Member

lol the coins annoy me cuz if you die you lose them. The star bits are easier cuz you dont have to touch them to get them

18. schmerf823

Oh, you're talking about the purple coins. The normal yellow coins and starbits are kind of the same, though. they're mostly extra stuff to get lives, but it's so much harder to get coins than starbits. Starbits are scattered in every single corner and in the bushes, on the walls, in those block thingies, etc. My friend is obsessed with them, she acts like she can't afford to lose even one.

19. MichaelsWo

MichaelsWo WiiChat Member

This is the only level keeping me from beating the game.. I have tried for days.. I can get it down to one pile left but that is as good as it gets. I am just minutes away from throwing the game out the window.

20. MichaelsWo

MichaelsWo WiiChat Member

Just an update.. After yet another day of trying to beat this god forsaken level I have thrown this and all other Mario games in the trash.. So they can add that to the trash piles that they want us to blow up. I just got sick of doing the same thing over and over.. After the tips here and the videos on youtube with no luck I got sick of Mario all together. Not sure why they would make this the most difficult level but it is as far as I am concerned and thanks to this level I will not be buying any more Mario games. They can stick this game and all future Mario games where the sun don't shine. I can play Resident Evil 4 and beat it in less time than I have spent on this BS "30" second level. Which is really 20 seconds unless you play it just right. Just my thoughts. :)