Driver Parallel Lines Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Here is the latest fact sheet for upcoming Ubisoft title, Driver Parallel Lines. The title is due for release on March, 29th 2007.

Plot
“New York in ’78 was the coolest place on the planet. I was new to the Big Apple, just a country boy looking to make it good. In just a few weeks it felt like home. From New Jersey to Queens, from the Bronx down to Battery this was my patch, my backyard. 28 years later and the city sparkled like new but underneath, the filth was still there, and I had vengeance crawling inside me.”

image005.jpg
Specific controllers on the Wii Remote to manage character and drive vehicles

image006.jpg
Sensation of a motorcycle driving

Experience Open Environments Racing in Two Distinct Time Periods – Multiple paths to complete over 35 missions across photo-realistic 1978 & 2006 New York City

Control and Customize Over 80 Drivable Vehicles - Including cars, motorcycles, and trucks - all integrated with a realistic vehicle damage system

Authentic Hollywood- style Action – Experience adrenaline pumping high speed racing and car chases

Massive Enhancements Over Previous Driver games -Including AI, graphics, physics, and more!

image008.jpgimage009.jpg

Emotional Benefits

Fulfill dreams
○ Having access to cars/vehicles you can’t have in real life (own, build up, drive)
○ Do things you shouldn’t do in real life (driving clearly beyond speed limits, engaging chases, doing insane stunts, wrecking cars, etc.)

Achievement
○ Improvement of performances through expertise with driving skills and clever car tuning
○ Victory over AI and over human beings

Immersion / Freedom
○ Playing in a realistic, living, interactive environment
○ Sensation of freedom through non linearity (free roaming)
○ Sense of ownership through large choice of cars + visual and mechanical customization

Empowerment
○ Beating the law and justice representative (the police)
○ Transgressing rules
○ Being and behaving as a gangster – bad guy
○ Blowing things up
○ Owning many cars/vehicles

Unique controller sensation
○ Using the Wii Remote to select your target, master your weapon and shoot
○ Using the Nunchuk to drive, adjust your speed, control the character and its gesture
○ Intuitive driving – cars, motocycles, trucks...
○ Intensive sensation of controlling weapons

image010.jpgimage011.jpg

Wii Game Specifics improvements

More than 30 unique and exclusive controls using the full motion and sensing features of both, the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controllers.

Targeting and shooting system adapted to the Wii controllers

Get into action faster by Teleporting: allow the player to move quicker through the city

Tune the police aggressiveness and the traffic jam

Specific Wii special effects –TBD

Attachments

• driverparallell19805.jpg
    driverparallell19805.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 327
i use to love driver 1 and 2 on the playstation but i heard this wasnt tht good on the other consoles, i hope this is better

I certainly hope this proves to be a better game than the rest in the Driver series. I also hope it looks like those screenshots.

I played this game on PS2 and it was pretty boring but I think the added wii controls could give it that edge it was missing.

Ive got that on ps2.. lets just say its not the best of games

I think this is another example of developers going "lets add wii controls and not really do much else and hope it will sell" Games need to be designed around the controls, not the controls just shoved in is what I think.

Also 100 posts, w00t.

Last edited:
Is this official?, and i hope there not the controls to drive the car, cause they look the same as COD 3 and they were terribly hard to use.

Last edited:
yea, or if they do the driving controls like COD3 hopefully they'll be improved, me and my friend looked like retards trying to drive in that game haha

and hopefully those arn't graphics for the other consoles [if its even coming out for them?] because I remember watching trailers for far cry and saying wow, then it came out and i was like wtf?

Happy Camper said:
Is this official?, and i hope there not the controls to drive the car, cause they look the same as COD 3 and they were terribly hard to use.

Yeah they are bad lol

Part 1 was awesome then the sequels were all kinda downhill. I hope they have brought it back with the fun factor the first one had. The screens looked good and clean. I will see how the reveiws fair and go from there.

Back