Status
Not open for further replies.

owlsgo

czech me out.
Oct 1, 2007
melbourne, australia.
Wii Online Code
2882-9149-7173-3516
thoughts on drugs? illegal, illicit, prescription, medicinal, natural, herbal, etc?

i take medication for depression. i most medication for mental disorders to be good things - they aren't a cure but they are a crutch to help one to get through everyday life without exploding. i don't find it changes who i am. i belive in some cases, medication isn't needed. sometimes just therapy, sometimes just some movement and a better diet. sometimes you might not be getting enough sun and just have a vit D deficiency!

illegal drugs, i'm fairly against. i've lost friends to drugs. my brother is a junkie and will soon pass away because of liver damage. some people think marijuana is okay. i think it can lead to a want of stronger substances, as with my brother. medicinal marijuana, however, is wonderful and can ease the symptoms of cancer. in that sense, it's understandable.

what do you guys think? all for drugs? only some drugs? shrooms, dope? tablets? intravenous?

so curious!

i think...that drugs are the 2nd stupidest thing you could do...(1 being cigarettes) im not hardcore straight edge or anything. but idk. drugs can just completly SCREW someones life over and why take the risk? a couple hours of a high isnt worth screwing up your future...

JCpackers05 said:
i think...that drugs are the 2nd stupidest thing you could do...(1 being cigarettes) im not hardcore straight edge or anything. but idk. drugs can just completly SCREW someones life over and why take the risk? a couple hours of a high isnt worth screwing up your future...

this is true.

there's ways to get natural highs that are sometimes stronger than chemical highs.

woo.

I have distorted view on drugs, I guess. I understand and sympathize with people who use them to escape life. I disagree with recreational use...but to self medicate in order to remain able to...exist...(even though drugs could eventually unintentionally cause a cease of existance)...I have nothing against.
I've tried two illegal drugs. Both times I didn't really give a **** what the outcome was, I just did it as a way to a) stop being so bloody aware, and b) to be deliberately self destructive. I've lost two close friends to drugs, but understand the struggles of both people and realize their emotional suffering has ended. They didn't want to be alive.

I'm on several medications for depression among other things. Whatever.

We'll see how long this thread stays open :)

I do not like drugs as a whole. I think that taking drugs is admitting that you are weak. This mostly applies to illegal drugs, but [call me crazy] I'm even apprehensive about taking medicine when I'm sick. Over the years, I've just hammered into my head the mindset that if I use drugs, I'm weak.
I try not to judge people on things that I've never experienced before, so I'm not about to go around lecturing kids to not take drugs. That is their decision. I may think my decision is superior to theirs, but I'm not going to let them know that.
When pertaining to lifting, I used to look down on people who used anabolic steroids, but that was the past. I now try to look past that, and realize that they're fighting for the same thing I am. I surely don't give them the respect that I'd give a natural lifter, but I'm not about to look down on them for being that passionate about something.

Medical drugs, those are fine. Illegal drugs, that's a subject I'm against. I'd much rather live with a working set of lungs, a liver, and my kidneys.

Ya know what's sad? People are doing drugs much younger these days. I have a friend whose 13, He's snorted cocaine before. I seen a nine year old smoking weed outside a movie theater, my first gf smoked cigs and weed.
What's our generation coming too?

I'm kind of hardcore into NOT using pharms for managing basic body chemistry (for example, cholesterol). I hate the fact that way too many physicians are way too quick to script the "drug of the week".

However I think there are people who have a - by definition, disease - that may present itself as less than desirable psycho-social characteristics. They may not be able to just "get over it". Pharms may be the only way.

Illegal narcotics? The *illegal* part is just overrides my sensibilities too much, so I don't ever consider pursuing them.

I don't understand using illegal drugs really. They take you away from your problems for a little while, then its back to reality and nothing changes. Thats what causes some people to do the harder stuff as well.

I already had no intention to get involved with drugs already, but then I was horrified after seeing this video in my school. An ambulance driver came in to my school and showed us images and videos of car crashes, stuff from crime scenes and crystal meth.

What also bothers me is people, mainly younger kids are doing drugs more and more just to fit in to some sort of group of people, trying to impress them and what not. I just don't get any of it.

it is sick to hear on the news how something crazy like teens are now getting high off of prescription drugs more than cocaine, weed, and crystal meth. or some crazy **** like that. idk. ive just never seen the point. ive been with my friends when they smoked weed before. ive never done it. but i do say it is funny as hell to watch them run around like idiots when blazed. but prescription drugs? pointless. ive even seen a couple kids do lines of cocaine during my english class...i mean come on. wheres the point in that one?

[DT] said:
I'm kind of hardcore into NOT using pharms for managing basic body chemistry (for example, cholesterol). I hate the fact that way too many physicians are way too quick to script the "drug of the week".

However I think there are people who have a - by definition, disease - that may present itself as less than desirable psycho-social characteristics. They may not be able to just "get over it". Pharms may be the only way.

Illegal narcotics? The *illegal* part is just overrides my sensibilities too much, so I don't ever consider pursuing them.

I'm on a drug for a disease known as Hypothyroidism. If i didn't have this pharm drug, there would be no way for me too "get over it". Things would get worse. Without this synthetic hormone production, I'd be in worse shape. Some people are dependant on these pharm drugs. Me being an example

in your case Arav drugs are the good thing. but im against kids efficiently abusing drugs for simply getting a high that will only last them a couple of hours. they may be severally depressed or hating life. w.e the case. i dont see the point in it. and abusing them to much can lead to severe problems in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back