Drums or Wii ?

Drums (7 piece set) Or Wii (probably w/out wiimote or games) ?

• Drums (7 piece set)

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Wii (probably w/out wiimote or games)

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to say I've got many friends that are musicians, I play myself but guitar mostly, and if you can get a set of drums for what you are paying for the wii you definitely don't want them because it's the set that the monkey bangs symbols over.... a good drumset, is going to cost more than 250 dollars... save yourself the trouble get the wii and save up for some good drums... or bypass the wii and continue saving for drums

Depends about how interested you are in drums. If you want a drumkit 'cause you think it looks cool and fun, but thats it then I'd say Wii, if you think it looks cool and fun and your passionate about playing/learning etc.. then get drums

Well as a drummer myself I have to say get a kit first then a wii, but as Wiired said somewhere above "dont just get one cos it looks cool" Drums are not the easiest instrument to learn and do require alot of pratice! Ps if your already a drummer (not a beginner) then still get the 7 piece!!
What make is the kit?
Oh and mantaining drums costs money(replacing skins,buying cymbals,sticks,stands etc). I've spent over €800 on my kit and cymbals and cases and will have to spend more roughly every 2 years to replace the skins!
But the drums are alot of fun and MUSICAL TALENT is one of the best things to have!

Last edited:
wiicanchangetheworld said:
Thanks for your opinion , I have made up my mind and getting the drums :)

Great to hear this. And to the people who say people over 15 cant learn the drums "get a rock and put it where the sun dont shine". I'm 15 and I can play the drums!

Icetrash said:
Well it depends how old you are. If you are 10-14 get the drums because you still might be able to persue a carrer in the music world. But if you are 15+ get the Wii, cause you have no hope of making it to the music industry and might as well drown your life away with gaming consoles... Just my advice for ya

WHat a confidence booster! :lol:

But seriously, get the drumset, music is something you can use for the rest of your life as a hobby, plus it looks really cool :cool:

ANd im sorry to say this, the wii will eventually get old and a new nintendo console will come out. :scared:

^ Yeah
To WiiRed , yes I am passionate about it but idk if it is a good one it costs $170 , and 7 piece.
pTRU1-2787183dt.jpg

Yo guys, who cares what kind of set the kid get's first... as long as he can hit on the damn things and practice. Then, if you start to take a real liking to the hobby and it turns into more than that... THEN you get a "real" set of drums. You think i started off with a full blow studio full of synths and ProTools set-ups? Hell no. I started with one synth to see if this was for me... and it was, so I invested into it, and it turned into more than a hobby... then a career. So only you can ultimately decide. I can only guide you in the right direction. Screw the Wii for now, get the drums and see if that is what you want to do.

ABC said:
Screw the Wii for now, get the drums and see if that is what you want to do.
Easier to say , than do , But I know which one to choose.
Anyway thanks for the tips and the right direction :)
More tips would be nice aswell.:cool:

Im a drummer. Ive been drumming for 5 years and trust me..its worth it.
When your rich and famous then buy the Wii :D

PS: Can someone follow me up on this drumming game? You can drum using the Wii? Wow i could complete it easy :D.

Thanks you :D

Back