DS and the Wii?

its supose to be like game cube and advance.. but it will hook up wirelessly through wifi... and you will unlock secret minigames off Wii games to play on your DS... i dont know if anygames support it yet but that will be the plan... just keep an eye out on Wii titles with a little DS logo on the bottom should be alot more fun then the GC/Advance games...

recent podcast said that the DS will use wi-fi to hook up with the wii, but currently they do not.

^^^that would be kinda cool and i just noticed 3 people from michigan posted three times in a row ^ ^

Definitely expect this in the near future. Can't Wii already do this is Japan with Pokemon Revolution? If I remember correctly, I think I saw a video of someone using their DS to select attacks and stuff.

thats what i thought... i know its the way its going to work.. seen countless interviews with nintendo higher ups on G4... nintendo loves to mix there console with there handheld.. i have about 4 gamecube games "extras of course came in a double pack" but they wouldnt even play without a advanced hooked upto it... im guessing it will be the same way with Wii you wont notice it but you miss out on alot of cool hidden mini games and stuff without the handheld... and vise versa...

Yeah, I bought my DS not just for this reason, but this had an effect on it. Especially if they do demos for DS through the Wii. That would be pretty cool.

i thought it would be pretty cool if you had a convertor to play your ds games on the tv, like the gamecube and the snes had.
that way you could use the wii mote instead of the stylus/touchscreen

it wouldnt be hard thats for sure... probably why the Wii is setup that way alot of wii games are DS games same game contorolls with the stylus just a few more other buttons on top...lol
i would bet money it is happening, and its not for the customers eaither its for there wallet... there will be plenty of games on wii you cant finnish or only play say 75% without the DS to finnish it up... and the other way around,
now this garantees that someone will buy not only a Wii and a DS but 2 games one for each to unlock countless hidden games and levels...
the only reason i even have an Advance is cause i was sick of not being able to play all of my GC games.. and then it was the otherway aroudn with some of my advance games..lol

nintendo loves to do this, and they will do it again hopefully not to a crazy extent where its hard to finnish a game without one or the other... but just an added bonus..with features only someone with both would know about.

no1cubehead said:
i thought it would be pretty cool if you had a convertor to play your ds games on the tv, like the gamecube and the snes had.
that way you could use the wii mote instead of the stylus/touchscreen

While this sounds good on paper, you would get screwed by the split second timing on good ds games, namely Elite Beat Agents. MPH would be kinda weird too.

Btw: To you others in Mich. Where you from exactly (please, no hands)

Back