ds connection to ds

mad1234

WiiChat Member
Oct 9, 2006
Wii world
i have heard that the ds can connect to the wii with wifi. does this mean that you can get the ds game to run through the wii & show up on the tv screen?:confused:

doubt it! but it would be sweet!

another thing i alwayz wanted to use de DS as a control for a game

A few weeks ago, I posted regarding this.

Besides basic AdHoc router functionality, where the DS uses the Wii to play online, an idea I had was if you took a game like Pikmin, where you have to command different groups of pikmin to complete a task, and paired it with several people on DSs with one person on the Wii, you could have a game where the people on the DSs could control individual groups of pikmin, while the overall command is led by the person on the Wii.

Individual screens could allow for multiple tasks to happen simultaneously, allowing for complicated but enthralling gameplay.

In a game like Mario Party, you could have 4 people on DSs, 4 people on Wiimotes, and 4 people on GameCube controllers, for an interesting combination of minigames.

The possibilities are endless.

what was the name of your thread? i looked for a thread about it & couldn't find one

I thought of this too,
but theres a reaosn why it wouldnt work, unless they did it a certin way.
First off, you wouldnt see both screens!
But the way they could do it is like you see the 2 screens wtih black stuff surrounding it like they show in demos and stuff where you just see 2 screens. Perhaps they have been using a DS connecting to the TV this whole time?
Becuase you dont see the stylus either.

Sovieto said:
I thought of this too,
but theres a reaosn why it wouldnt work, unless they did it a certin way.
First off, you wouldnt see both screens!
But the way they could do it is like you see the 2 screens wtih black stuff surrounding it like they show in demos and stuff where you just see 2 screens. Perhaps they have been using a DS connecting to the TV this whole time?
Becuase you dont see the stylus either.

No, handheld SDKs operate solely in software emulated mode. They're using a DS emulator and taking screen caps.

Back