DS Problem

KPac511

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
I'm hoping this is something that won't require repair, but I figured I'd check here first in case anybody else has had the problem I'm having in case I can fix it myself. I just got my DS Lite about 2 weeks ago and sometimes, whether sound is playing or not, there are brief brushes of a static-like noise. It's kinda like if you had an old cordless phone and had to change the channel on it cuz of static. It basically sounds like if somebody walked by you wearing a winter coat and brushed against you :scared: Anyway, I'm hoping it's not something that needs repair cuz I've been playing it a LOT. I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with wireless signals (like a cordless phone) or if maybe it's somehow something BECAUSE it's new and the speakers are kinda being "broken in". By the way, it happens even if the volume is all the way down. I haven't played with the volume loud at all so it's not like the speakers could already be blown out or anything.

could it be feedback from something??? But try playing with a game with no wifi and if it continues with the static, most likely its your DS. Give Nintendo a call and see what they say. Dont email em. lol

haha yeah not gonna bother with the reply... but the wifi... how would you get feedback with it? What would cause that? I've never even heard of feedback on a wireless network.

Call nintendo they will send you a replacment if its in warrenty

It could be the wi-fi depending on what game you are playing (if you are playing Pokemon Diamond/Pearl it could be the voice chat). If you have a refurbished DS you should hurry up and bring it back, because you said you play it alot so it might go out of warranty there for I wouldnt wait. If that is not the problem...your screwed! TRADE IT IN AND GET WHAT YOU CAN FOR IT!!!:mad2:

Back