DS Virtual Console Confirmed

Of similar import is the imminent arrival of an official DS flash card, which will initially just be available to allow Nintendo to sell the back catalogue of Game Boy and Game Boy Colour games. The uncontrollable homebrew and piracy communities that use the DS rely on similar devices for their more nefarious ends, but this should, in the long term, allow Nintendo to exercise some control over at least the former through the simple step of offering a path to publisher-supported content. Compared to the slightly vague WiiWare proposition, this has the possibility to revolutionise homebrew development – at least in terms of distribution and the possibility of mainstream success – but how far the notoriously controlling Japanese giant will allow that community the creative freedom it requires to flourish will only be seen in practice. And before getting too excited, the device will launch exclusively for old Game Boy content, initially.

It helps it the realivent section is quoted

But Like I said in meny a VC needs gameboy thread
It makes more sence to play games that where made for the small screen on the small screen

YAY IM GONNA DOWNLOAD POKEMON AND CATCH THEM ALL! haha

this is cool though, GBC games never really interested me much...except pokemon but i still have one of those games lol.

SensesFail said:

this is cool though, GBC games never really interested me much...except pokemon but i still have one of those games lol.

mypokemansxt1.jpg

Ha just realised my internal batteries might die on my old pokemon games soon, so this'd be good, although I'd have to find some way to transfer my pokemon over.

SensesFail said:

i'm going to do the same thing. lol. even though i still play the old GB/GBC (RBY/GSC) pokemon games on my GBA. it'll be nice not to have to carry around the GBA with the DS. if you have to buy them like the other VC games...which we will probably have to...those are going to be the ones i spend my money on first.

well i am really excited about this. i wish they would have had it in the first place

Back