DS vs PSP

Okay.

The way that I see it, is if you want to play games that are a lot of fun, it would be a bit better to choose the DS. The DS is all about the games. While the PSP is used to watch movies, do internet stuff, play music, and whatever else it does. Therefore, I don't believe that the PSP is concentrated on games as much as the DS is. I got the DS because I wanted something to play games with, and I was looking for a good hand held game system. I already have a portable DVD played and an ipod. Plus, I find that the touch screen makes it really fun. It was a new experience for me. Very very fun! ^_^

i would say get both. i have a psp with 13 games and i want to get a ds very soon. dont sell your psp because it still has good games

also if this is american $80 u should probably sell it

i have neither, but from what iev seen & heard, DS is a better deal.
expecially game wise, who doesnt liek New super Mario bros. anyways?

ds is a better deal

im not saying that ebcause i a nintendo fan its for real the big screen is nice and so is the movie playing but the touch screen concept beats all

GAMES ARE A BLAST on the DS. i absolutely love my DS. and yes the touch screen is used very intuitivly. oh and google DS XTreme or like i just ordered google G6 Lite. i should get it tommorrow so i gots a big smile on my face!!!! :D

well i have both and i think if your looking for more media stuff like playing movies and music n stuff you should go with the psp but if u juss want it for gaming go with the ds cuz the psp has a few games that r good but not too many and ds has some pretty good games soo i mean u should realli go with your own decision

ImWiitarded said:
so DS whens is this probly cause im on a nintendo site lol i cant decide
well nintendo made me a nintendo fan because of the ds and its games. it really is worth at least trying it out on stores

Honestly the answer around a Nintendo forum would be kind of biased towards DS, wouldn't it? But anyway, I have both systems and I honestly like the PSP better. The DS has great features including the touch screen and fun games but I'm just more into the PSP with the built-in internet browser, music, videos, that kind of thing. I've had mine since October of this year.

On the other hand, I have a DS. Not the DS lite, but the DS. The original DS is kind of ugly, but the games are addictive too if your into Mario and stuff. My favorite, I'd have to say, is either the New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Kart DS. The DS uses its touch screen frequently in certain games like that, but in most games you can use the D-pad too if you want.

For battery life, my DS has a much better battery life I think. I have to charge it less often than the PSP, but that could be because the PSP has to read and spin that disc all the time its going and the cartridge for DS doesn't.

On a loading note, DS doesn't need to load as much as PSP because, well, of the cartridge vs. compact disc (sorry, I meant UMD) again.

Those are my thoughts.

You're asking this on a Nintendo forum so most answers are going to contain some bias. I personally have both a PSP and a DS. I have a number of games for both but I use my PSP a lot more. It fits my needs better.
What firmware was your PSP running? Do you know if it had the TA-08x motherboard or was it the older (homebrew compatible) mobo?

It really depends on what kind of games your into. If your the mario/zelda type go with the DS, but if your into games like GTA and other shooters your not really gonna find anything like that on the DS, let alone a game thats rated M.

Kiwi said:
It really depends on what kind of games your into. If your the mario/zelda type go with the DS, but if your into games like GTA and other shooters your not really gonna find anything like that on the DS, let alone a game thats rated M.

You make it sound like most M+ games are good.. i find em crap. except like GTA / Resident evil and such. DS Makes up for it with tons of games with great ratings.

Back