DS vs. PSP

Jorge

Television Consultant
Feb 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
0554-7647-3242-2709
I know that I might get a semi-biased answer posting this on a Nintendo based website, but I thought I would give it a shot.

I'm going to be flying across the country this June. I'm going to be in the air alot as well as layovers in airports. I am thinking about buying something to keep me busy.

The both have probably the same amount of games that I would love to play. DS has a better price point of course, but I'm not a huge fan of the touch screen. Maybe it will be better if I play a game that uses different ways. I have only played Brain Age and watched my g/f play Trauma Center. PSP has better graphics and I love the ability to watch movies. I was told that you could watch movies on a DS, but at the time I didn't know that the DS had a removeable memory slot.

get a psp m8 they got some good games but if u like mario games then the ds is good cuz i got them both and the new mario bros is rilli good but overall i think the psp is bette ;)

sorry nintendo but its psp all the way

it has a built in wireless
great graphics
big screen
better games
smaller
cooler looking

and many more

Two diffrent hand helds

It depends what your looking for

Both can play films but psp is a out of the box one
Both have good games
the ds lite looks beter
the dsis battery lasts longer
the ds lite is smaller
the cart size is smaller (discs meh)

DS is cool with it's interactive controls, and wireless system, but PSP is a better buy. It has more. It has better games, and it is just better. I've only played a DS, but I have to admit that the PSP is better.

DS all the way

PSP is just like any other sony system PS1=PS2=PS3=PSP the only diference are graphics and the psp is a PS2 but portatile

even "bad" games are funny to play with the screen

PSP sucks xd

I have both. Had the original DS when it was first released. Too bulky and not enough games at the time, so I got rid of it and got the PSP. PSP was decent for awhile, but it just wasn't for me. Recently picked up a DS Lite and about 6 games. Here's my opinion on both.

DS Lite:
- FUN, FUN, FUN - Let's be honest gaming is about having fun. I'm pretty old school in my game selection. But NEW Super Mario Bros. DS is amazing. Tetris DS can't be beat.
- Price - obvious
- Game selection - You can't beat it. My current roster consists of the games mentioned above, Final Fantasy III (great RPG), Brain Age (if nothing else sudoku makes it worth it), Animal Crossing (you'd never guess how addicting it can be), Metroid Prime: Hunters. I could easily go out and purchase 10 more titles, but I just don't have time to play them right now. In general, you can get the best of both worlds with the DS lite at a lower price point per game.
- Battery life - Pretty damn good. But, it's internal. Once it's dead, the system is dead until you can find a place to plug it in.
- Did I mention FUN?

PSP
- Hard core gaming - This is your choice if you are a hard core gamer. SOCOM, GTA, MGS, etc. Can't get these titles on the DS. I have SOCOM and it's a pretty good game. These types of games just don't hold my attention, so they aren't for me.
- Puzzle games - They are out there and lots of fun. If this is your cup o' tea, I gotta recommend Grip Shift and Lumines. Don't question me, they are good!
- MP3, movies, etc. Yep, the PSP has it and the DS doesn't. I have to admit, the movie part of this system is very nice. The screen is amazing for movies!
- Battery life - With all of the features and tons of system processing power, it will use up the battery in a hurry. I have two batteries and I'm sure to charge both before heading out to the airport. This will help extend the amount of time you can play without having to plug in.

Overall, they are both very good systems. It's definitely personal preference. If I had to give one up, I would give up the PSP. It is fun, but the game choices on the DS make it the hands down winner. If you are looking for multi-function, then PSP is your choice. I'd hit a local store and put your hands on both to get a better feel for how they work.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

CJ

I'm not a fan of MS or Sony. I do prefer DS, it's better in my opinion. But I think we all have to admit that PSP is just one thing that topped Nintendo. But in the end, I'm with DS.

I have both i got the ds when it first came out in England. as there were no games out it just gathered dust. I then got a psp when it first came out and what i really liked were the graphics it such a jump from a GBA to a PSP but now over a year later the Ds is just so much better the games are just plain fun.

I reccomend getting a psp just for the homebrew scene. that really makes the psp great. but other wise the ds is the better buy. psp has good games, ds has great games

Definately a PSP!!!

Way better games/graphics not to metion "WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW 2007" is on it!!!

:thumbsup: Lets go nintendo!
Damn there's no thumsdown smilies!

LET'S GO SONY Handheld!!!

Well as much as I'd like to say DS I think I got to say PSP for your long journey..the DS can play movies but it's complicated for people who don't know how to, while you just pop the disk thingy in the PSP and off ya go. So with the graphics and the easy ability to play movies I'd go with the PSP.

BiZZaRe said:
Definately a PSP!!!

Way better games/graphics not to metion "WWE SMACKDOWN vs RAW 2007" is on it!!!

Damn there's no thumsdown smilies!

LET'S GO SONY Handheld!!!
WCW vs. The World was the only good wrestling game...

the psp all the way

the psp all the way and if you like mario you can get the snes emulator and play mario roms

Back